List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drummond keeps popping up to
and is definitely filled out, I think we'd possibly like him
very aggressive at the ball/ball carrier
Nathan Drummond is almost 12-18 months older than the rest of the competition. Not saying these aren't desirable characteristics, but a six foot vanilla player should be doing this in his initial draft year. Probably a rookie chance.

Nathan Drummond is almost 12-18 months older than the rest of the competition. Not saying these aren't desirable characteristics, but a six foot vanilla player should be doing this in his initial draft year. Probably a rookie chance.
Yeah I know that, probably where he ends up to
though I could see a club wanting a ready made player going for him

Nakia Cockatoo intrigues me, just saw a video of Viojo-Rainbow kicking test and it wasn't that impressive as I thought it might
where you get handpassed the ball, turn around and kick the ball to a number

me too.
i wonder how he went in the agility test...good speed is less of a weapon if you've got the turning circle of a tram.

The main knock on this kid is his kicking for goal. I like this kids, the footage I have seen of him impressed me more than McCartin and Wright.

This from bound for glory.

"His marking is unbelievable: no defender can beat him for strength in the TAC Cup, he has enough acceleration on the lead to constantly turn a one-metre advantage into two on the lead and his running patterns are unpredictable, but intelligent."

"When on song, McKenzie looks as though he has as much talent and dominance as Patrick McCartin. However, what separates the two is goal kicking."

"His mental demons really got the better of him. I interviewed him early in the year, and he said that because he has such a high expectation of himself, he can get frustrated when he isn’t playing well, which can really throw him off his game. That will get better with maturity."

The main knock on this kid is his kicking for goal. I like this kids, the footage I have seen of him impressed me more than McCartin and Wright.

This from bound for glory.

"His marking is unbelievable: no defender can beat him for strength in the TAC Cup, he has enough acceleration on the lead to constantly turn a one-metre advantage into two on the lead and his running patterns are unpredictable, but intelligent."

"When on song, McKenzie looks as though he has as much talent and dominance as Patrick McCartin. However, what separates the two is goal kicking."

"His mental demons really got the better of him. I interviewed him early in the year, and he said that because he has such a high expectation of himself, he can get frustrated when he isn’t playing well, which can really throw him off his game. That will get better with maturity."
Sounds like a job for Macca! Although if he's not improving where he needs to be Macca would probably turn from the comforting calm coach we thought he was to the brutal intimidating coach we now know him as :p

Sounds like a job for Macca! Although if he's not improving where he needs to be Macca would probably turn from the comforting calm coach we thought he was to the brutal intimidating coach we now know him as :p

I reckon he's our best bet if we can't land McArtin or Wright. I wouldn't think we need pick 5 to get him, but certainly we'd have to consider our second round picks. He won't last beyond that IMO.

I reckon he's our best bet if we can't land McArtin or Wright. I wouldn't think we need pick 5 to get him, but certainly we'd have to consider our second round picks. He won't last beyond that IMO.
If he did last beyond the second round, you'd think he would have to interview pretty poorly
which I think would mean we'd end up overlooking him

Surely we can get one of these blokes......I know stop calling you Shirley.
Could yes, will? I don't think we would take a KPF just for the sake of it though, but you're right shirley one isn't a d-bag

Dan McKenzie's name popping up a bit too.
this is true, a few names popping up
do wish I could see the full list to!

Jaden McGrath @bendigopioneers 14.7, Toby McLean @OakleighCharger 14.6, Teia Miles @GeelongFalcons 14.3, Touk Miller @CalderCannonsFC 14.10

Times in 14s for medium defenders with Capiron @DandyStingrays 14.6, Duggan @WesternJetsFC 14.5 & De Goey @OakleighCharger 14.2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaden McGrath @bendigopioneers 14.7, Toby McLean @OakleighCharger 14.6, Teia Miles @GeelongFalcons 14.3, Touk Miller @CalderCannonsFC 14.10

Times in 14s for medium defenders with Capiron @DandyStingrays 14.6, Duggan @WesternJetsFC 14.5 & De Goey @OakleighCharger 14.2
You know what Matthew Boyd runs? and those are all impressive numbers, since you'd be factoring in they've been doing other exercise drills through out the day

I remember last year I think it was a very warm day and I don't think they closed the roof then!

Daniel was close to the record today just missed it. Reckon if we have a late pick in the 4th and he is there I'd have a punt. Not sure what Boyd runs but it wouldn't be in the same league as what he did.

Daniel was close to the record today just missed it. Reckon if we have a late pick in the 4th and he is there I'd have a punt. Not sure what Boyd runs but it wouldn't be in the same league as what he did.
Players usually improve on their beep test after being drafted.

Matthew Boyd runs a beep test in the 20s
it can improve massively
that is huge for a young player though, that hasn't even had a full pre-season of AFL training
they'd need that tank to get through it I think, because our next pre-season I think will be real tough

Brenton Payne @WesternJetsFC the best of the rucks with a 13.5 on the beep test #AFLCombine

Since when is Payne a Ruck????
Geez, anyone passes for a ruck these days.

There are only 21 levels so that would be really high. To put Daniel's run in perspective Hartung holds the record at 16.6 so it was a very good run for a kid to do.
it can improve massively
that is huge for a young player though, that hasn't even had a full pre-season of AFL training
they'd need that tank to get through it I think, because our next pre-season I think will be real tough

There are only 21 levels so that would be really high. To put Daniel's run in perspective Hartung holds the record at 16.6 so it was a very good run for a kid to do.
I worked with a trainer who worked at the Bulldogs
and would always talk about Crossy & Boyd been freaks in the endurance testing

I'd love a player like Daniel, can see fire burning in his eyes

it can improve massively
Boyd could run a 17.1 and crossy a 17.9. Not sure where you got 20 from. We had those numbers read out to us at academy training last year. Lenny Hayes ran an 18 and Crawf could run a 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back