List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel was close to the record today just missed it. Reckon if we have a late pick in the 4th and he is there I'd have a punt. Not sure what Boyd runs but it wouldn't be in the same league as what he did.

At 168cm's? No way. We already have Hrovat and Honeychurch who play this role.

I'll be surprised if he's even picked up anyway. Rarely any player's below 170cm get picked up and if they do they are very quick. Daniel isn't very quick, he wasn't a stand out in any of the speed/agility testings. His 20m sprint time was just on the 3 second mark apparently.

Boyd could run a 17.1 and crossy a 17.9. Not sure where you got 20 from. We had those numbers read out to us at academy training last year. Lenny Hayes ran an 18 and Crawf could run a 19.
My bad
It was 4 years ago they said it, it was a trainer called Stoofa from Geelong

edit: and I think I heard 20 because he mentioned Crawf and I was selective hearing because it was first thing in the morning and I hadn't had a coffee

There are only 21 levels so that would be really high. To put Daniel's run in perspective Hartung holds the record at 16.6 so it was a very good run for a kid to do.
Some kid from Gippsland power ran a 16.9 in 2012 but it wasn't at the combine.

He is more of a CHF he is only 193cm so I don't know why he is with the rucks. Wonder about his kicking test he is a really good set shot.
Has his shoulder muscles improved since I saw him mid year? They looked very skinny.

My bad
It was 4 years ago they said it, it was a trainer called Stoofa from Geelong

edit: and I think I heard 20 because he mentioned Crawf and I was selective hearing because it was first thing in the morning and I hadn't had a coffee
I know the elite numbers were what I've just stated. They were Micky O's numbers, anyway. Impressive none the less.

Boyd could run a 17.1 and crossy a 17.9. Not sure where you got 20 from. We had those numbers read out to us at academy training last year. Lenny Hayes ran an 18 and Crawf could run a 19.
Not bad for an asthmatic, incredible.

I know the elite numbers were what I've just stated. They were Micky O's numbers, anyway. Impressive none the less.
Are you familiar with the trainer I mentioned? said something interesting about Geelong that
GAJ would train with his own personal trainer, at least when he was running sessions
he mainly would do boot camp, circuit training sessions

My beep test is very high, but I have the agility of a sumo wrestler

Are you familiar with the trainer I mentioned? said something interesting about Geelong that
GAJ would train with his own personal trainer, at least when he was running sessions
he mainly would do boot camp, circuit training sessions

My beep test is very high, but I have the agility of a sumo wrestler
Nah haven't heard of him sorry man.

Nah haven't heard of him sorry man.
Cameron Ling has talked him up a lot, I've seen another trainer to that I know who was taking us through our pre-game warm up

I want to see a player/s finally start beating Boyd in those endurance tests and not because his results are declining either

Do you know which players have gotten close? (that are still at the club)

Cameron Ling has talked him up a lot, I've seen another trainer to that I know who was taking us through our pre-game warm up

I want to see a player/s finally start beating Boyd in those endurance tests and not because his results are declining either

Nah they only gave us the elite few from each club man, I know Bartel, Sloane, Priddis and Ablett were all very high up as well.

I still think he goes to an Adelaide club I doubt we'll go for any sub 175cm players. Think we'd be more interested in mature talent late just don't know many state league players worth a pick only keep up with the little leagues. I'd have us with Hislop or Grace there particularly Hislop who apparently tested really well.
At 168cm's? No way. We already have Hrovat and Honeychurch who play this role.

I'll be surprised if he's even picked up anyway. Rarely any player's below 170cm get picked up and if they do they are very quick. Daniel isn't very quick, he wasn't a stand out in any of the speed/agility testings. His 20m sprint time was just on the 3 second mark apparently.

I am based in Adelaide and my team is West Adelaide in the SANFL. Was interesting seeing Jason McCartney walking out of the ground as the reserves finished, would assume he was watching Durdin playing reserves... A decent player of a very good size. So would not be surprised if we were looking at him as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given our KPF situation, we would be so stupid not to grab Reece Mackenzie with our 2nd pick if he's there. Contested marking beast who has kicked bags and has a quick 20m time at the combine. And who have we got developing again in that area? Redpath? And.... Nobody!!
Problem is he is literally exactly the same physical specimen as Redpath. With the same flaws. Both have poor footy smarts and turning circles of a boeing 747.

Be wary of Skippos though, he bribes umpires and indulges in match fixing :p

I was also wondering Skip if you thought with Jones & co. leaving, do you believe there would be many decent pick ups waiting for us in the third round?

still crossing my fingers for a Jarrod Garlett..badly

Goodes and crameri beat boyd in some of the time trials

Reece McKenzie 3rd in the clean hands test. To go with his strong showing in the 20m sprints. His stocks keep rising I reckon.
Clean hands, good speed, good kick. Sounds very redpath-ish. My knock on redpath is he's not a pack mark and is poor on the deck. Mckenzie is considered an elite pack mark isn't he Temple?

I think possibly more interesting then the early picks we will get are the later and rookie picks we will have. With Jones and Tutt out I am starting to envision we will be more likely to see Carlton's third round pick then their second (Dreams of 3 2nd rounders in a row dashed). Whilst our 1st pick is of course interesting, if we can snare good players in the later and rookie rounds it will be important. Of course, they are always much harder to pick out in advance but I am looking forward to hearing if we have any interest in particular players who are likely to go late.

Sorry to bang on about this, but i get mixed messages from other supporters so im unsure of the truth..... Scott Clayton left the dogs at the end of 2009 season. Gold Coasts first draft was actually 2010. Did Scott Clayton recruit for us in the 2009 draft or was it Dalrymple's first draft? In 2009, we picked up Christian Howard, first pick at (15), Jason Tutt (31) and Lukas Markovic (63) and Shane Thorne (76)

We missed on Daniel Menzel, Nathan Fyfe, Ryan Bastinac, Jake Carlisle, Mitch Duncan, Sam Reid, Allen Christensen and Nathan Vardy incidently :(

Sorry to bang on about this, but i get mixed messages from other supporters so im unsure of the truth..... Scott Clayton left the dogs at the end of 2009 season. Gold Coasts first draft was actually 2010. Did Scott Clayton recruit for us in the 2009 draft or was it Dalrymple's first draft? In 2009, we picked up Christian Howard, first pick at (15), Jason Tutt (31) and Lukas Markovic (63) and Shane Thorne (76)

We missed on Daniel Menzel, Nathan Fyfe, Ryan Bastinac, Jake Carlisle, Mitch Duncan, Sam Reid, Allen Christensen and Nathan Vardy incidently :(
That was SD's first draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back