Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't it be funny if Zorko was part of the deal that secured the Lions Beams.

Rumour: Zorko wants to play at Collingwood, willing to spread crazy rumours about any deal that'll get him there :p

This is my FA/Trade CFC Rumour Team Pre-Season Practice Match 2015

Rumours and trades I acted out:
1. Beams to Brisbane years end straight swap pick 4 (would prefer Sam Mayes pick eight 2012 draft)
2. Moore second F/S (approx. pick 26) leaving first round pick eight 2014 draft, CFC go on and select Jayden Laverde (187cm) 18 yr old.
3. Tim Broomhead to Port Adelaide for first round pick 13/14, CFC go on and select Lachie Weller (181 cm) 18 yr old.
4. Nathan Brown to Hawthorne for first round pick 17/18, CFC go on and select Connor Blakely (187 cm) 18 yr old.

* Obviously some rumours have been ignored and for good reason! Only Shazza sitting on the

Pre-Season Practice Match 2015 CFC FA/Trade Rumour Team

Back. Tom Langdon (189 cm, 21 yr old), Jack Frost (195 cm, 23 yr old), Ben Sinclair (183 cm, 24 yr old)

HB. Lachie Weller (181 cm, 19 yr old), Lachlan Keefe (204 cm, 25 yr old), Adam Oxley (192 cm, 22 yr old)

Mid. Paul Seedsman (190 cm, 23 yr old), Connor Blakely (187 cm, 19 yr old), Sam Mayes (187 cm, 21 yr old)

HF. Ben Kennedy (175 cm, 21 yr old), Travis Cloke (196 cm, 28 yr old), Jamie Elliot (178 cm, 22 yr old)

F. Jayden Laverade (189 cm, 19 yr old), Ben Reid (195 cm, 26 yr old), Darcy Moore (199 cm, 19 yr old)

R. Brody Grundy (203 cm, 21 yr old), Taylor Adams (181 cm, 21 yr old), Scott Pendlebury (191 cm, 27 yr old)

B. Steele Sidebottom (180 cm, 24 yr old), Nathan Freeman (183 cm, 20 yr old), Patrick Karnezis (191 cm, 23 yr old)

Super Sub. Dane Swan (185 cm, 31 yr old)

Sorry, lost all interest when u wanted to trade beams and broomhead

Beams trade will never happen, don't know why people actually believe those rumors.

Only plausible way he'd leave is at the end of his contract, but I believe he will sign for big coin at Collingwood.

Beams trade will never happen, don't know why people actually believe those rumors.

Only plausible way he'd leave is at the end of his contract, but I believe he will sign for big coin at Collingwood.

Then why is 1 of your Players going with the Rumor and Putting it out there?

I know what you're saying TD, but we have been keeping a very close eye on him ever week.

and how do you know this?

I dare say we would have to trade into the last 1st or Early 2nd to Possibly Draft Hin

Who Zorko?

It was a journo who asked him about trade whispers and the talk of Swann saying we have cap room for a big player, nothing about Beams.

Then he was asked if he could pick someone to come he threw multiple names out, including Beams.

Relax Dave, the article's heading is very misleading.
Beams' name is just one of a few Zorko has thrown up as potential target and as has been mentioned earlier Beams is contracted for another year so he won't be going anywhere for at least another 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to tell you Dave, but saying you're working through a contract negotiation is a far cry from 'committing' to the club.
Until pen goes to paper, anything is impossible unfortunately.

Well then I guess Broomhead and Kennedy are good as gone then:rolleyes:

They would not say we are close to Re-Signing if they where thinking of leaving:drunk:

They would not say we are close to Re-Signing if they where thinking of leaving:drunk:
That's not what I meant and you know it. Stop being a smartarse.

And 'we should sort something out soon' is by no means the same as saying he is close to re-signing. It's a nothing answer designed to work whether he's leaving or not.

I actually agree that he is unlikely to leave, but he is by no means locked in until he puts pen to paper.

It's pretty much what Daisy was saying around this time last year - and he left.

It's also pretty much what Cloke was saying around this time two years ago - and he stayed.

Apex36 is correct - until it's announced by the club, the AFL, or the player's manager that they have signed (or signed elsewhere) ... Then it's all just rhetoric fluff designed to fill empty gaps in newspapers / silent gaps on radio / etc / etc.

It's pretty much what Daisy was saying around this time last year - and he left.

It's also pretty much what Cloke was saying around this time two years ago - and he stayed.

Apex36 is correct - until it's announced by the club, the AFL, or the player's manager that they have signed (or signed elsewhere) ... Then it's all just rhetoric fluff designed to fill empty gaps in newspapers / silent gaps on radio / etc / etc.

So Broomy still a Strong Chance of Returning too SA then?

Stiff competition for kpd spots for the cats next year then, Frawley, Lonergan, Rivers and Taylor, only 3 can play in defense.

So Broomy still a Strong Chance of Returning too SA then?

Do you think he'll be like Daisy? (says he is a strong chance of staying, but leaves)

Or so you think he'll be like Cloke? (Says he is a strong chance of staying, and stays)

Do you think he'll be like Daisy? (says he is a strong chance of staying, but leaves)

Or so you think he'll be like Cloke? (Says he is a strong chance of staying, and stays)

I don’t think he is anything like Cloke and Daisy but you also said that in your Thread until he Does 100% Officially Sign he could still walk out.

BK said this:

"It's very exciting. Obviously it's the first time we've all played together at AFL level, Kennedy said.

"We're obviously used to playing with each other so we're really looking forward to running out there tomorrow night."

Kennedy, who was one of the Pies' better players with 21 touches and two goals in the 10-goal loss to West Coast last Sunday, is poised to sign a contract extension.

"I think we've got a lot of positives. When you look around at all the young blokes that we've got and we've got two young blokes that haven't played games yet in Matt Scharenberg and 'Freo' (Nathan Freeman) as well," Kennedy said.

"I'm very excited about the direction the club's going with our young players. So I think we've got a very bright future."

Does that sound like someone who is also Rumoured to Leave would Say?

Taylor plays as CHF full time, or most of the time, occasionally swapping with Frawley? Where is Lonegan at fitness and bodywise?
All three of Taylor, Rivers and Lonergan are playing solid footy down back, one of the best 3 tall backlines in the AFL.

I could see Lonergan being shifted to CHF though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back