Oppo Camp 2014 General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A little birdy told me that there was indeed another player present at the Robinson/Garlett escapade. Chris Yarran.

Apparently rated a bit more important with the Blues hierarchy than the other 2 so has been looked after.
We hung Stevie Lawrence out to dry after he wasn't alone too...

Hate Carlton, but they're hardly alone there.

Oh my goodness has anyone seen the Tom Lynch incident? I hate that the AFL rewards ducking like that (he got a free kick) because you can seriously injure yourself risking your neck that way. If he gets hit in the right spot he's never walking again. There needs to be more made of that before it's too late.

Last edited:
They really need to get Casey Tutungi from Geelong around to all the AFL clubs to tell his story.

Ducked his head to draw a free after getting the ball. Wont walk or use his arms again.

They really need to get Casey Tutungi from Geelong around to all the AFL clubs to tell his story.

Ducked his head to draw a free after getting the ball. Wont walk or use his arms again.

Dont do it the soft way.
Bring in a new rule. Anyone endangering their own head will be rubbed out in the tribunal just as long as an opposition player similarly endangering their head.

Would stamp it out I think.

Oh my goodness has anyone seen the Tom Lynch incident? I hate that the AFL rewards ducking like that (he got a free kick) because you can seriously injure yourself risking your neck that. If he gets hit in the right spot he's never walking again. There needs to be more made of that before it's too late.

was pretty bad. very very lucky

They tried to do that with diving but the problem is, they never enforce it. I can see this going the same way, even if they publicly state that they want to stamp ducking out. The AFL is soft on these matters and very rarely takes a stand.

Dont do it by umpires, do it by match review.

Tom Lynch to go out for four weeks, High contact, high impact, intentional.

Dont do it by umpires, do it by match review.

Tom Lynch to go out for four weeks, High contact, high impact, intentional.
Thomas got nothing for his pathetic dive, even though the rule exists to punish this exact action.

MRP are soft. The AFL are soft. All talk and no action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas got nothing for his pathetic dive, even though the rule exists to punish this exact action.

Thomas was in the action of launching himself to take the mark, it had just so happened that at this juncture there was force exerted behind which surpassed his momentum, sending him into the motion of launching in an unbalanced fashion leading to theatrics.

It is not his fault that this force surpassed current propulsion technology, nor is it his fault his opponent was the 6 million dollar man.

Very very ordinary decision from the non-officiating umpire 60m away from the play just about cost Carlton that game.... If you're going to pay free kicks for that sort of contact, you'd be paying them every single marking contest in every single game.

Poor form umpire, poor form

Very very ordinary decision from the non-officiating umpire 60m away from the play just about cost Carlton that game.... If you're going to pay free kicks for that sort of contact, you'd be paying them every single marking contest in every single game.

Poor form umpire, poor form

I didn't see or hear barely any of the match. But the Triple M commentators just sounded deflated after that call. Sounds shocking.

Yeah I was agreeing with you until I heard the umpire say 'Push!'.

Meh. Can't get too upset about seeing Carlton lose I guess.
Yeah not a lot of volume where I was watching the game so I didn't hear the call. Had no idea what all the fuss was all about! :D Agree Carlton can get stuffed.

Yeah not a lot of volume where I was watching the game so I didn't hear the call. Had no idea what all the fuss was all about! :D Agree Carlton can get stuffed.
Thing is, if the umpire closest to the play (20m away) didn't call an arm chop or push in the back, why is the non-controlling umpire 60m away calling it a push in the back? Docherty's fist barely brushed Christensen's triceps, so it's not high contact & it's definitely not a push in the back.

Like I said earlier, if you pay that a free kick, you'd be paying that free kick in every single marking contest in every single game.... Shocking call at such a clutch time in the game

Why is the time of the game important when making a call? If that free was paid 5 minutes into the game would anyone be upset?

Both Carlton and Geelong had shots at goal after that point and the way Cartlon handled the last 2 minutes was shocking for a team that needed to score.

A soft free for sure but its something paid (and ingored) every game. More often than not if the leading forward has space, jumps early and then flails a little, they get the free.

Roo gets his fair share of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back