Competitions 2014 Hawk Board Phantom Draft (Complete)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool thanks. Yeah if it looks like it's only 12 of us then we'll just double up. No rush at this stage.

so here is kind've a template people can use

-- Name Here -- (VIC – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 187cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 15/03/1996
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Range: 10-30
Profile: Strong marking midfielder/forward.

----- Description of Player here -----

i'm looking forward to this, because it gives me a chance to check out in detail the draftees before the draft happens and so when the draft happens i will be all informed as to which players i like the look of and which teams i think did really well............

i've already spent a bit of time checking out the potential draftees, this gives me a reason to look into the talent pool a bit deeper than i normally would :D

Nice, just two spots left for two more awesome Hawkers then we're on! Perfect way to pass time with at least a fortnight before anything AFL-related happens.

so here is kind've a template people can use

-- Name Here -- (VIC – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 187cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 15/03/1996
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Range: 10-30
Profile: Strong marking midfielder/forward.

----- Description of Player here -----
Cool looks good, people can use it as a suggestion but will leave it up to everyone as to how they present their picks, doesn't need to be administered :)

Wait another day, if it stays as 16 then someone can do both Sydney + Brisbane, and someone else who doesn't get Bulldogs can do Port Adelaide too. Look to start sometime Monday, with Academy/F-S picks locked in.

It's more about the picks/players than the clubs anyway.

Will Assign those last picks of Brisbane, GWS and West Coast to use on Clayton, Finlayson and Waterman respectively.

Ok, time to get the ball rolling. Here are the teams assigned (via random.org) to us:

Selectors
1. HawkintheTuarts - Melbourne
2. Davo-27 - Western Bulldogs
3. Oddhawk - Essendon
4. MadDawg - Collingwood
5. bumsonseats – Brisbane, Sydney
6. shepp - Geelong
7. Roddy27 - Carlton
8. halfback dasher - Richmond
9. hfc70 - West Coast, Port Adelaide
10. Cyril_Grip - Gold Coast
11. calumhfc - GWS
12. nickrebellious - Adelaide
13. SSSSSS - St Kilda
14. VandoHawk - Fremantle
15. SodaPop - North Melbourne
16. Gunstall555 - Hawthorn

So Gunstall555 the lucky one with Hawthorn. bumsonseats doubles up with Sydney due to both teams having so many Academy or F/S selections means there’s only 4 live picks. Port (least number of draft picks) was then put in the bucket for everyone else and hfc70 came out trumps there, now having two interstate clubs.

We'll start draft on Monday, to give some more time for people to prepare, and then once SSSSSS comes in (preferably afternoon ;) ) and is ready to get us started!

All info in OP and will update the selections and who is picked in there too, if I’m not around, happy for a mod to do it if they’re watching the thread.

Oh yeah, automatic selections, if needed, will be next available player from a rotation of three phantom draft threads on BF (Paige, Knightmare, Chris25) so it's not just based on one BF expert's opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we meant to draft based on what our given team needs or are we picking who we think is the best available?
If you guys could let Petracca slide to 31 that would be tops :thumbsu:

Are we meant to draft based on what our given team needs or are we picking who we think is the best available?
Up to you but an idea on what your team needs is a good idea. If there's a player you think has slid and would fit in, then pick him. It's all about your opinion anyway.

i'll send PM's to all the people who havn't answered in this thread reminding them of the Phantom Draft and which teams they have.........

i guess if he doesn't come on by tomorrow morning we will put Christian Petracca as Pick 1 from the saints......

Basic Rules:
  • Teams assigned randomly (so there's no claiming Hawthorn)
  • 12 hour deadlines for each selection. If you don't pick, a player will be automatically selected for you, and someone else will fill in for the team henceforth.
  • If you're going to be away you can always send your preferences to someone else via PM (a friend, me, a complicit mod etc)
  • After your selection be polite and tag the person next in queue so they know they're up.
  • Basic info about the player you selected is a must! We want to know all about them after all, so a reason why you selected them too would be good. Can link + quote other people's content, just remember to provide a source/credit.
  • Have fun! (most important one)
the first post in this thread will be updated with the picks as they are done, hopefully we can kick this off tonight or tomorrow morning

1. St Kilda –
2. Melbourne –
3. Melbourne –
4. GWS –
5. Collingwood –
6. GWS –
7. GWS –

first 7 picks should go quick if the 4 guys are on tomorrow

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back