2014 non Freo games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I am one of the few Priddis admirers but........

Clint Wheeldon ‏@ClintWheeldon 2m
2014 Christian Medallist - best WA based player for the season - congratulations @WestCoastEagles Matt Priddis
'

Serious question based on the name of the award - is it restricted to only players of a particular religion?

Because how else could he be seen to be the best WA AFL footballer in 2014??

(edit: thought he'd only done 2 knees. turned out there was one before signing for GWS)

I am super excited the Giants re-signed him though. I love watching that kid play, and I couldn't bring myself to watch him anymore if he was in doggies colours (even if I do live in dogs heartland)

Patton has actually only done two knee recos, the first of his three knee problems (the year he was drafted) was a patellar issue - but (importantly for any further knee recos) the consequence of the treatment he received for that first patellar problem was that he had virtually no tendon / hamstring / cartilage tissue or "spare"/"harvestable" material available in one of his legs.

That then means that his options are much more limited for source tissue for any future knee recos - of which he has now had two. Unless they can develop some really reliable synthetic stabilisation treatments over the next few years (such as a more advanced version of some of the tendon-like structures they use in some experimental forms of ligament repair in elbows and shoulders) he will really be on the last roll of the dice, and is likely to have to have some significant knee and hip issues well before he turns 50.

Jeeezz.. Bartel took a dive worthy of European Soccer tonight.. tsk. tsk.
WnK2E.gif

Disappointing from a West Australian.:thumbsdown:

Wow.

I think it is named after a former ABC journo who died.

OK ta.

Still can't understand how Priddles can be seen to be the best WA AFL footballer, even of it is restricted to players who only listen to/watch the ABC.

Even if it was just based on hairstyle, Fyfe would still win over Curly mop puddles...

View attachment 75340

3 weeks just like Boomer?

Real test of consistency for the tribunal right there.

My bet is it doesn't even get reviewed - but I think it should be, and Selwood should get at least a week (note that the play didn't involve the body slam judo move that flog Harvey put on Picken, so should get a lower suspension).

Jeeezz.. Bartel took a dive worthy of European Soccer tonight.. tsk. tsk.
WnK2E.gif

Disappointing from a West Australian.:thumbsdown:

Not surprising given how Bartel has increasingly played the flop over the last 18 months. Really sad, has changed my view of him as a player - in the last two seasons I have lost all respect for him.

He didn't even seem at all sheepish or embarrassed afterwards. Hopefully he will be remembered for the diving and soft-knob behaviour as much as for any other thing he did - because the diving and flopping is the real mark of the man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real test of consistency for the tribunal right there.

My bet is it doesn't even get reviewed - but I think it should be, and Selwood should get at least a week (note that the play didn't involve the body slam judo move that flog Harvey put on Picken, so should get a lower suspension).

Not surprising given how Bartel has increasingly played the flop over the last 18 months. Really sad, has changed my view of him as a player - in the last two seasons I have lost all respect for him.

He didn't even seem at all sheepish or embarrassed afterwards. Hopefully he will be remembered for the diving and soft-knob behaviour as much as for any other thing he did - because the diving and flopping is the real mark of the man.

i remember he did the same against us - that jimmy to get high contact - just shits me.

Now Joel Selwood is gonna win the Brownlow, well done AFL :rolleyes:
Also, I cant see the difference between Nathan Gordon's bump on Shenton and Fyfe's suspension in round two, other than blood.

Will Sydney definitely being playing their final at the Olympic stadium? I can see it being held at the SCG if it's against either us or Port.

You know, the same "smaller crowd" apocryphal argument they used to shunt us over to Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back