List Mgmt. 2014 Rookie Draft - blink & you'll miss it

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just perusing the draft edition of Inside Football looking for rookie prospects and came across Shannon Taylor,pacey,agile line breaker,in fact sounded just like Nakia,and then the last bit "North Melbourne are interested".
I recall people being excited about him in his draft year but seemed to go off the rails or something. Anyway he seems to have settled down now , moved from WA got himself fit and played with Frankston last season where he won mark of the year and goal of the year in the one game.

He's now 24 ,the father of 3 and has a job in a bank, now the perfect role model etc. I say lets go for it.
Think he's only 20. Was overlooked 2 years ago I think.

I'd heard he has signed for Caulfield in the Ammos, not sure we are rookie listing him.

Still cannot fathom how he goes from best 18 to delisted.

Deserves a rookie place.

It's harsh no doubt but Sugar's meteoric and premature rise obviously sealed his fate. 'Tis a shame for Robbie and I wouldn't be against us offering a rookie spot either but I suspect that ship has sailed, with the club figuring his role's now covered and we have more pressing needs. I reckon Bryce has a speedy outside running type in his sights.

I'd heard he has signed for Caulfield in the Ammos, not sure we are rookie listing him.

Probably more financially lucrative to play for Caulfield than be on the Rookie list unfortunately. No idea if he's got kids and if he does how many but they will all have full scholarships.

Probably more financially lucrative to play for Caulfield than be on the Rookie list unfortunately. No idea if he's got kids and if he does how many but they will all have full scholarships.
Looks like the North fifa 15 rankings are going to take a nose dive. Penis jokes from this board will undoubtedly shrink in size too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we go for Brett Turner. I know him well and he's a gun at anything he plays. His hops weren't done justice in his testing and in my opinion that's his best asset for his size. He tested well in everything else at the combine and if you've seen him play you'd know he's a clever footballer.

I'll be watching with intent, hoping we pick him. After getting Durdin it gives me a good feeling we're a shot.

I hope we go for Brett Turner. I know him well and he's a gun at anything he plays. His hops weren't done justice in his testing and in my opinion that's his best asset for his size. He tested well in everything else at the combine and if you've seen him play you'd know he's a clever footballer.

I'll be watching with intent, hoping we pick him. After getting Durdin it gives me a good feeling we're a shot.
Something with the Blood & Tars connection, especially if you throw Tippett in there too?

What do the draft oracles think of Oleg Markov roos_fanatic08 Pykie Brett33 ?

Very good athlete (as shown in his combine scores). Great pace, leap and endurance. Has trouble finding it though.
Comes across as a midfield version of Majak. Bit of an unknown quantity thanks to injuries this year. Personally I'm all for it. Rookie lists are for project players in my opinion. Low risk, high reward. We want pace...let's grab the cheapie and hope our coaches can develop his game.

Last edited:
Something with the Blood & Tars connection, especially if you throw Tippett in there too?

It's interesting for sure. South Australia in general seems to entice our recruiters.

But as I said knowing Turner personally, he's hungry for a crack at it! Confident he can reincarnate the surprise of another former rookie with the same name.

We will almost certainly rookie Nahas so im told.

I hope not. My take on Nahas is he was lively and got on the end of the ball a bit but his disposal was terrible. On top of that he missed easy goals and for a forward I can't cop that. For me he showed what our side was missing and I think we can do better. No doubt this wont be popular going on the posts on here but lets look to the future and look to get better. After 5+ years in the system Nahas has shown his best I hope we move on.

I hope not. My take on Nahas is he was lively and got on the end of the ball a bit but his disposal was terrible. On top of that he missed easy goals and for a forward I can't cop that. For me he showed what our side was missing and I think we can do better. No doubt this wont be popular going on the posts on here but lets look to the future and look to get better. After 5+ years in the system Nahas has shown his best I hope we move on.
Depends on Harper and garner I think. Can't expect 25 games from turner. But if those two are fit and ready we don't need him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back