2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess schwabby won't be doing a trade report this year like kerr used to do.

Yes he is. A Multi part video one coming this week.

Tony Sheahan just tweeted:

He has a very good track record and is generally on the money.

giphy.gif

Even if he wasn't a complete ******* there is still no point in drafting Robinson. Not a good footballer. C grade at best. Might as well have kept Polks. Partially undoes the good work that has been done this offseason to improve our list. Plus he doesn't fill a need.

Put my faith in the club that it's done its due diligence and they believe he can add something to the side. The same club that gave us Beams, Christensen and our jumper back.

I'm ok with it. He will be cheap, has experience, goes hard at the pill and isn't completely useless with the footy in hand.

Realistically, if Swann is on board, I'm happy.

I am not against it to be honest. Doesn't seem like the best bloke but I think he can add something to our side and at worst we now have another mature body in our side. Another 2008 draftee jumps on board as well.

I remember the majority of posters on here were praying that the Lions drafted Jack Ziebel with pick 7 and Mitch Robinson with pick 25 in the 2008 draft. They were the apparent saviours to our midfield clearance issues at the time. We finally got Robinson guys:D

Robinson is a much better player than Golby/Polkinghorne. If Robinson wasn't viewed as a DH I could see most people being stoked with us picking him up for free.

I've said earlier I have no problem with us picking him up for free, just said it because there seems to be some discontent about him coming here. Out one whipping boy, in with another.

Bit rough on Golby, at his best I think he's probably shown to be a more valuable player than Robinson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind him as we need to fill up the list. Worst case we give him a one year contract and he gets delisted the next year, best case he becomes a good 20-30 depth player.

I am with the what ever Leppa decides vote. But I will get off the fence and say the more decent to quality 1990-1995 aged players we have, the more chance we will win a premiership in the 2016-2021 period. So provided we are smart about it if we do get him, I am certainly not against the idea of taking him (especially since we can pick him up for free).

Also if (touch wood) Aish did leave at the end of next year, we have a ready made replacement for the midfield (obviously not as good, but they don't play the same position anyway).

Finally!! It took a few years, but we finally totally won the Mitch Robinson v Jack Redden debate. We will have both !!!

Dealt with the Redden vs Beams and Redden vs Robinson debate in the same off-season.

I'm all for picking up Robinson on his ability alone, but boy, his off field behavaviour could be very damaging to the brilliant culture we've been building this year.
Fingers crossed if he does come on board he can clean up his act.

Robinson would be a list clogger for us. He would take game time away from Bewick, Lester, Robertson and O'brien. IMO all those players except for O'brien would offer more than Robinson. Bringing him in and allowing him to take game time from these players would simply stall their development.

A rookie position would be the best spot for me. This would ensure that he won't take up the spots of younger players and would only play in the event that (a) he has forced his way into the team (b) we have an extensive injury list and we need him to come in as a player with 100 games AFL experience.

Robinson would be a list clogger for us. He would take game time away from Bewick, Lester, Robertson and O'brien. IMO all those players except for O'brien would offer more than Robinson. Bringing him in and allowing him to take game time from these players would simply stall their development.

A rookie position would be the best spot for me. This would ensure that he won't take up the spots of younger players and would only play in the event that (a) he has forced his way into the team (b) we have an extensive injury list and we need him to come in as a player with 100 games AFL experience.

He's not going to take time away from anyone unless he's earning his spot. We're picking up a mature midfielder for depth for free. I have no idea how because we're getting some guy for nothing people are coming to the conclusion that he's going to jump up the pecking order and take away games from guys who are already going to have to work to get a spot.

He's not going to take time away from anyone unless he's earning his spot. We're picking up a mature midfielder for depth for free. I have no idea how because we're getting some guy for nothing people are coming to the conclusion that he's going to jump up the pecking order and take away games from guys who are already going to have to work to get a spot.
Couldn't agree more. It's as good a win / win as we're ever going to get. This isn't Fev part 2. We have given up nothing & Robinson will have to earn his spot. I'd like to think he's smart enough to realize this is the final chance (I did think that with Fev mind you....) especially as he has a new born.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back