2015/16 SkyBet Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't count on it. Hasn't been good depth anywhere he's been yet. Obvious potential there though if he decides to pull his finger out.

Except Wigan, of course.

But no, I have very low hopes if any for him to do anything. I think being out of contract in the summer is the main stick for him to really pull his finger out.

Yep - which could be awesome for you if you can get him as a free agent (provided he doesn't become Adebayor).

On a side note, surely Boro will be in trouble with FFP if they aren't promoted? They've spent some decent coin.

Yeah if they don't go up they're in real trouble. Ditto for Derby.

Wouldn't count on it. Hasn't been good depth anywhere he's been yet. Obvious potential there though if he decides to pull his finger out.
He led the line on his own for Wigan and won Europa League games off his own boot. He's sorted his attitude out now and dropped a fair bit of weight. Will be a useful option for Hull if he can stay fit

He led the line on his own for Wigan and won Europa League games off his own boot. He's sorted his attitude out now and dropped a fair bit of weight. Will be a useful option for Hull if he can stay fit
So the last time he did anything of any note was 13/14. I wouldn't be expecting too much.

Kid has talent but his attitude was shithouse with us - and we were in the PL. Hopefully for his sake he gets his s**t together.

Forgot about Derby. They're both taking a bit of a gamble really.

Bit surprised Derby continued to spend big this window. With Hull and Burnley looking well shaped to fight it out with Boro for automatic promotion, Derby are risking a lot.

Bit surprised Derby continued to spend big this window. With Hull and Burnley looking well shaped to fight it out with Boro for automatic promotion, Derby are risking a lot.
Yeah Derby would want to make sure they get that auto promotion spot. Think Boro could get through the playoffs if need be.

Should be a very interesting race in.

So the last time he did anything of any note was 13/14. I wouldn't be expecting too much.

Kid has talent but his attitude was shithouse with us - and we were in the PL. Hopefully for his sake he gets his s**t together.
2 years ago and he spent a year on the sidelines through injury.

As i said he's had his attitude issues and has battled the drink in the past. He's only a few months back from a 12 month hammy and by all reports he's been given the reality check he needed. Still young and very talented. Would be a waste if he didn't make it.

Will do well under Brucey I think, a players coach.

As i said he's had his attitude issues and has battled the drink in the past. He's only a few months back from a 12 month hammy and by all reports he's been given the reality check he needed. Still young and very talented. Would be a waste if he didn't make it.

12 month hammy?! Will admit, didn't know about that one.

I was mostly speaking from his time with us but I can't disagree with anything else you've put there.

12 month hammy?! Will admit, didn't know about that one.

I was mostly speaking from his time with us but I can't disagree with anything else you've put there.
Yeah, his time with your boys was obviously shocking so i totally understand your view and won't defend him for that. Got a bit too big for his boots at Wigan i think.

Yeah, he tore his hammy off the bone. Thankfully he hit the gym, got off the piss and slimmed right down as he was getting a bit like Anderson haha

I'm generally pretty defensive when it comes ti writing off younger players with bags of talent. I've seen guys like Ravel Morrison, more talented than Pogba at 17, blow themselves up but like to give them every opportunity to succeed. Sometimes they are just too destructive and can't be helped though

Yeah Derby would want to make sure they get that auto promotion spot. Think Boro could get through the playoffs if need be.

Should be a very interesting race in.

Big game for us at Boro in March. Potential big ramifications on the table. We play Derby 10 days later as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listening to Akpom's comments about the way Bruce handled his issues really highlights this.

Derby need to turn things around quickly - dropped two more points this morning and are now 5 points behind second having played two extra games.

A long way to go, but at this stage I think Burnley are the biggest threat to the top two

So whilst under transfer embargo, Fulham bring in Madl (Sturm Graz captain,CB/CDM), Ince (DM, BHA), and Labyad (Att Mid, Sporting). On top of that we got rid of dead weight in Bodurov, Voser, Taggart. Oh, and we kept McCormack and Dembele.

That's impressive

Derby need to turn things around quickly - dropped two more points this morning and are now 5 points behind second having played two extra games.

A long way to go, but at this stage I think Burnley are the biggest threat to the top two
It was against my blokes so I'm perfectly fine with that. A draw away is as good as a win for safety's sake.

So whilst under transfer embargo, Fulham bring in Madl (Sturm Graz captain,CB/CDM), Ince (DM, BHA), and Labyad (Att Mid, Sporting). On top of that we got rid of dead weight in Bodurov, Voser, Taggart. Oh, and we kept McCormack and Dembele.

That's impressive
If you could give Burgess to another team permanently that'd be great.

Burnley and Derby drop points, Boro and Hull now have 2 and 1 game in hand over them respectively. If we beat Burnley on Saturday there's the potential to open up a 10 point gap to 3rd place if we win our game in hand. Huge few weeks coming up.

Congrats on securing De Laet to your ranks. Now with Nugent and De Laet, you should be able to make a proper push for the title now.

No excuses now, the North East need a representative in the PL next season (even though you're technically from Yorkshire!)
Yes! Yes we are from Yorkshire...Some won't agree though :)

Certainly tightens it up for the top of the ladder. Boro can't seem to win at the moment.

Yep, if they want to have a wobble that's fine by me, but I can see us both battering MK Dons and Blackburn respectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back