News 2015 Adelaide Crows BLK apparel

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Tex really rocked the new home jumper, I'd certainly buy one

CB5uhURUAAAj47L.jpg:large

I've got the clash version, it's a lot whiter. I think it might also be made of a coarser fabric.
i think we have the same clash one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news, Crowmania has finally added the 2015 playcorp stock to the store.

One hoodie, and one soft shell jacket. ******* unreal, we have the worst merchandising in the league.

Hopefully there is more to come, has anybody tried the store at West Lakes? there has been some previews of new products on instagram/twitter which haven't made it to the online store yet.

I think the online store is run separately from the Crowmania at West Lakes so one may have stock while the online store might not have it available yet and the other way around.

I think the stuff you are referring to is the worst kind of supporter gear, basically Kmart style authentic player issue knock offs (expensive ones at that), bright colours, big logos etc. rather than more casual looking stuff that is wearable at places other than Adelaide Oval on game day.

Good news, Crowmania has finally added the 2015 playcorp stock to the store.

One hoodie, and one soft shell jacket. ******* unreal, we have the worst merchandising in the league.

Forgot to post yesterday, I spoke to crowmania yesterday morning for about 5-10min. They have had playcorp gear in store for a week or so now, with more range to be released in June.

A heavier dual lined zip up hoodie jacket with a simpler design is on the cards for release then. They said that the member hoodie has thrown their ordering plans into disarray. They planned on selling 2500 member hoodies and have orders for 5500. SO stocking another zip hoodie when 10% of the membership base already has ordered one was questionable. But they are still going to get one later once the member hoodie debacle has settled.

They said that BLK are tricky as their bulk order time is 8-12 week turnaround whereas puma was only 2-3.

And yes the online store is run from interstate, not west lakes for this sort of stuff. Best bet is to actually go to west lakes and suss it out in person, they were pretty helpful and honest.

Forgot to post yesterday, I spoke to crowmania yesterday morning for about 5-10min. They have had playcorp gear in store for a week or so now, with more range to be released in June.

A heavier dual lined zip up hoodie jacket with a simpler design is on the cards for release then. They said that the member hoodie has thrown their ordering plans into disarray. They planned on selling 2500 member hoodies and have orders for 5500. SO stocking another zip hoodie when 10% of the membership base already has ordered one was questionable. But they are still going to get one later once the member hoodie debacle has settled.

They said that BLK are tricky as their bulk order time is 8-12 week turnaround whereas puma was only 2-3.

And yes the online store is run from interstate, not west lakes for this sort of stuff. Best bet is to actually go to west lakes and suss it out in person, they were pretty helpful and honest.

Very honest, whenever I've asked questions he's already given me plenty of info. Even questions that they may not want to answer.

I think the stuff you are referring to is the worst kind of supporter gear, basically Kmart style authentic player issue knock offs (expensive ones at that), bright colours, big logos etc. rather than more casual looking stuff that is wearable at places other than Adelaide Oval on game day.

PlayCorp don't make knockoffs of authentic club gear, they have the central contract to provide supporter wear to the entire league, and do so using a set of patterns that clubs are free to pick and choose options from.

PlayCorp don't make knockoffs of authentic club gear, they have the central contract to provide supporter wear to the entire league, and do so using a set of patterns that clubs are free to pick and choose options from.

Yeah sorry I do know that, I should of said cheap looking sports wear style alternatives to what the players wear in the old Kmart AFL gear style without the sponsor logos etc.

We are on the same page here, I noticed several clubs like Richmond seem to use a much wider range of the Playcorp patterns a couple of years ago that are far more wearable outside of the 3 hour period on game day.

There is 5 different jackets/hoodies to choose from including the members hoodie, isn't 5 enough?

There is 5 different jackets/hoodies to choose from including the members hoodie, isn't 5 enough?

Not when they are all fairly similar navy blue with a big logo print, Richmond for example have 28 mens hoodies/jackets/sweatshirts to choose from in many different styles. I'd be happy with well under half of that if we had a good variety.

No it isn't. I want a zip up hoodie with better material than the members hoodie. Not interested in a pullover hoodie or a soft shell jacket.

Also worth pointing out that of the 4 hoodies, 1 is permanently sold out, 1 only has small size left, and 1 only has XL/4XL/5XL

This is my point in images. First row all hoodies, same colour, the first two would appeal to the same audience or it might be better to say if someone doesn't like one, they probably wont like the other either, red hood, logo printed on with some red writing. Next is the members hoodie and the BLK hoodie, navy, coloured string and logos on either side of the chest, again probably targeted at the same person. I've got no problem with a cheap members hoodie and see the need for a player issue hoodie with the club logos etc. but where is the variety.

Next row, 4 jackets, again no problem with the BLK ones, they are for the players and all serve a different purpose for them. But to the average person, they all look the same (as they probably should being team uniform) and would appeal to the same person. You would either be happy with any of them or not.

The only alternative in the fan gear category is the softshell jacket which is what I mean by cheaper looking copies of the player issue stuff. Again its basically the same type of design, navy, contrast zip and a logo on the chest. It would surely appeal to the same person who would buy any of the player issue jackets and is in the same price range anyway.

Then I compare those to just a selection of the Richmond gear and there is a clear divide between fan gear and official team gear.

adlvrchmnd.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back