Live Event 2015 AFL Draft megathread (24th & 27th of November)

Remove this Banner Ad

CUxuL8TUAAA4BFg.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the Dogs, Jed. Leadership, leadership, leadership.

Wasn't the last super-quick HBFer we rookied from WA... JJ?

Tested very well at state combine.
I like the sound of him so far.

Brad Lynch
186cm, 74kg

"In terms of pure football talent Brad is as good as we've had come through our system. Vision, skill awareness and ability to go off both sides of his body is actually quite special. I've been here since 2008 and I haven't seen someone with that sort of movement off both sides the way he can do it. So he's highly talented, has a good frame at 186cm to be a rangy wingman. His major issue will be his ability to win his own ball and that's something that will be a focus for him moving forward. On the outside, with time and space, he's certainly a special player." - Swan Districts coach Greg Harding

Luke Goetz
202cm, 90kg

"Luke is a 202cm ruckman who has grown considerably in the last 18 months after not being involved in any of the Jets' junior programs prior to this year. Came into our squad about round 6 and played every game from there. Very, very good athlete for someone of that size and has good speed and endurance. Still raw in terms of football development but a club might want to take a chance on him given his exceptional athleticism. I think he ran something like 18 minutes for 5km recently so he can seriously run." - Western Jets coach Torin Baker

So our haul this off-season:
  • Mature medium utility with a booming kick and premiership experience (Suckling)
  • 2x big-bodied utilities who thrive inside the contest and overhead (Dunkley/Williams)
  • 2x key defenders (Collins/Adams)
  • 1x super quick rebounding half back (Lynch)
  • 1x raw, developing ruckman (Goetz)
  • 1x mature, experienced medium utility renowned for his leadership (Adcock)
All this at the expense of Ayce Cordy, Jarrad Grant, Michael Talia, Sam Darley, Matt Fuller, Brett Goodes, Jordan Kelly and Daniel Pearce.

Hell yes.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back