Workshop 2015 AFL Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide's first game in 1991. Adelaide home/navy, Hawthorn brown shorts.
Was never a clash then!
Argument would be that the addition of stripes on the back changes things.
Load of codswallop IMO but that'd be the argument. That and "clash jumpers didn't exist then"...same one the nay-sayers always use.

The other thing the AFL can't get right is that this isn't a clash:
Adelaide_Home_zpsd2168af3.png
Hawthorn_Away1_zpsf2cefc68.png

Hawthorn_Home_zpsfd2ef2c8.png
Adelaide_Away_zps655f1d5a.png

Two stripes of yellow vs a whole yellow jumper.
Honestly I think if there is another jumper it should be used.

Going for a zero-mutual-colour policy?
I just believe if the clubs have alternatice jumpers that provide a greater contrast then they should be used. Whether it is a white jumper or a red jumper or something is up to the club. This is the problem with the AFL, it tries everything it can try try and get away with home jumpers when in some cases a clash jumper would provide greater contrast. Adelaide and Hawthorn are borderline with their home jumpers, sharing yellow and dark tones that, while can be tolerated somewhat, can also be easily avoided.

I just believe if the clubs have alternatice jumpers that provide a greater contrast then they should be used. Whether it is a white jumper or a red jumper or something is up to the club. This is the problem with the AFL, it tries everything it can try try and get away with home jumpers when in some cases a clash jumper would provide greater contrast. Adelaide and Hawthorn are borderline with their home jumpers, sharing yellow and dark tones that, while can be tolerated somewhat, can also be easily avoided.
I agree that clash jumpers are needed. But seriously if one team is in navy and the other yellow, leave it alone or we might as well just hand out generic black jumpers to one team and white ones to the other for every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when was the last time sydney wore their white shorts with their home jumper and are there any pics?

What about black and very (very) light silver prison bars? Perhaps some teal on the collar?

I've thought very light silver vertical bars would look alright as well, no teal other than the logo though and the rest in original black and white.

Can someone more artistically inclined draw this up, pretty please?

I've thought very light silver vertical bars would look alright as well, no teal other than the logo though and the rest in original black and white.

Can someone more artistically inclined draw this up, pretty please?
A very fine white pin stripe on the prison bar may also look OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back