2015 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

i don't care how they do it , how the disguise it ( like they did to Melbourne last year bullsh.t) Disguise as part of the leuy compensation, be creative AFL

people still go on about the frawley thing which yeah you can say the demons got more then frawleys worth. But Frawley was the demons up and coming CHB and past AA at a very early age. He went to the hawks for free. The biggest issue is free agency which only benefits (apart from compo) "Premiership contenders". Look at teh lions...we need to trade and sell the farm to get a A Grader like Beams into our club.

imagine if Free agency started up in 2002 and the Lions started snapping up free agents for as we look to play in premierships? The Out rage.

So if people whine because we finally get something half decent for a player leaving them I vote let them hate

Terrible post.
Golby hasnt played 100 games yet has he? wouldnt like his name on the locker door like a stain. Sorry that was mean :D
TBH mate its your written attitude that is the stain on our club. Golby might not be the best player but he has given commitment and effort to our Lions. I also noticed he tweeted to back Rocky up the other night so I guess he also cares about the club too. Deserves better from supporters in my books!

If we are able to fish in a truckload of young talent I guess i wouldn't mind waiting a few years till we're very top.

TBH mate its your written attitude that is the stain on our club. Golby might not be the best player but he has given commitment and effort to our Lions. I also noticed he tweeted to back Rocky up the other night so I guess he also cares about the club too. Deserves better from supporters in my books!

was meant to make the point that names on the locker go for the best players... I dont think players like Golby's name deserves to be permanently put on our lockers. A little too much BF micro analyzing ;)

Just read the Francis article, bloody awful stuff, poor family. I gotta say if he did end up at Brisbane, his is the type of story that the members / supporters would really appreciate and he would become a real favourite. Hopefully he does get here somehow, he would show some real passion and drive IMO.

I hope we haven't read to much into Schaches comments about playing for us. It would be melt down central if he asks for a trade in a little over 2 years time.

I hope we haven't read to much into Schaches comments about playing for us. It would be melt down central if he asks for a trade in a little over 2 years time.
Agreed.... the thought has crossed my mind too

TBH that fear of a young draftee walking out of our club will always be with me. I was damn excited to get a talent like Aish into our club and I will be damn excited to get a guy like Schache if we pick him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

people still go on about the frawley thing which yeah you can say the demons got more then frawleys worth. But Frawley was the demons up and coming CHB and past AA at a very early age. He went to the hawks for free. The biggest issue is free agency which only benefits (apart from compo) "Premiership contenders". Look at teh lions...we need to trade and sell the farm to get a A Grader like Beams into our club.

imagine if Free agency started up in 2002 and the Lions started snapping up free agents for as we look to play in premierships? The Out rage.

So if people whine because we finally get something half decent for a player leaving them I vote let them hate
+1, even though Frawley is a bit overrated he was AA and Melbourne could mount a pretty good argument to get a high pick for him. There is about 0 chance Brisbane are getting a first rounder for leuenberger, he just hasn't done enough.

btw, has he provided any reasons as to why he wants to leave?

+1, even though Frawley is a bit overrated he was AA and Melbourne could mount a pretty good argument to get a high pick for him. There is about 0 chance Brisbane are getting a first rounder for leuenberger, he just hasn't done enough.

yeah pretty much teh only thing Berger has done to warrant a high compo is the lions being stupid enough to burn pick 4 on a ruckman. Ideally we will get a PP and get a 2nd round compo for berger to use of Keays or Hipwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back