2015 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

OK. So, how should I put this, ahhh....Paige thinks everyone is going to become a star o_O

She's like an excitable chihuahua when it comes to draft time, so take her mocks with a very large grain of salt (like all mocks I suppose) :thumbsu:
Fair enough, never knew that. However it is good to read positives instead of being bombarded by negatives from external sources, aka Mr Negative himself....D.Barrett

OK. So, how should I put this, ahhh....Paige thinks everyone is going to become a star o_O

She's like an excitable chihuahua when it comes to draft time, so take her mocks with a very large grain of salt (like all mocks I suppose) :thumbsu:

I'll be very happy if she is as spot on with how she rates Hipwood as she was with Andrews. Have to give her credit for that.

To be fair to Paige, she had Andrews a lot higher than anyone else did last year IIRC and was pretty much on the money with her evaluation. I think there is a temptation for draft watchers to over enthuse, but I think Paige deserves a little more credit than you're giving her.

As far as the comment of 'do we overrate our kids' is concerned, absolutely we do... thats what supporters do, you have to believe in your teams crop IMO.

Hey guys, just been mentioned on our board that we could be in the mix to trade up with Carlton to pick #2.
If any of you have any inside knowledge, what player do you feel that the lions prefer going into the draft at this stage to be #1?

Hey guys, just been mentioned on our board that we could be in the mix to trade up with Carlton to pick #2.
If any of you have any inside knowledge, what player do you feel that the lions prefer going into the draft at this stage to be #1?
Schache is the general consensus as he is the perfect fit for our team. Weitering probably a better player but Pickering managers him and he bends us over the barrel every year.

Schache is the general consensus as he is the perfect fit for our team. Weitering probably a better player but Pickering managers him and he bends us over the barrel every year.
Thanks mate, it seems like schache would be the logical choice then. He set the record for most goals at the carnival so it's exactly what you guys need. Huge tank too

Pick #1
Pick #19
Aish First Round Pick
Leuenberger Compensation Pick
Redden Pick?

Looking like a GCS/GWS expansion draft for us this year...:$:drunk::(:cry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based entirely on his performances at U18 and NEAFL level, Keays could well be an upgrade on Redden, although of course not in experience terms. Probably similar disposal skills but gets the ball more often and can only get better you would think.

Based entirely on his performances at U18 and NEAFL level, Keays could well be an upgrade on Redden, although of course not in experience terms. Probably similar disposal skills but gets the ball more often and can only get better you would think.
More dangerous forward of centre as well. Some on the Draft board say he is Beams 2.0. Doubt he will get to Beams level but good comparison I think.

Has the academy selection system changed for the upcoming draft or can we still get Schache and Keays with little trouble?

Has the academy selection system changed for the upcoming draft or can we still get Schache and Keays with little trouble?

After all the mess we are going through, the last thing we'll do is turn our backs on QLD talent.

Keays and Hipwood will be with us, as well as Schache at #1.

So according to Schwabby, we will be taking Keays and Hipwood this year. Mentioned one other who performed well in the 18s but didn't name him....

Edit - link to interview:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back