2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They brought in Ebert, Polec, Ryder, White, the GWS defender I can't recall and Monfries.

That's a lot of incentive money to throw at a third of the players on field.

They had to rebuild their list and they paid for it, it could cost them Wingard who I rate as their most talented but not yet most important player.

They brought in Ebert, Polec, Ryder, White, the GWS defender I can't recall and Monfries.

That's a lot of incentive money to throw at a third of the players on field.

They had to rebuild their list and they paid for it, it could cost them Wingard who I rate as their most talented but not yet most important player.
I would be very surprised if he left. From memory he told GWS not to draft him because he wanted to stay in Adelaide.

Clarke still not being signed up makes me think he's gonna be used as trade bait...hopefully to get McCarthy over.

Clarke is surplus to our needs right now. We can have Sandi play for another 1-2 years, with Griff playing as our second string ruck. Hannath can be our emergency ruck who can fill in when required.

Clarke + 2015 first rounder for McCarthy would be perfect.

Clarke is surplus to our needs right now. We can have Sandi play for another 1-2 years, with Griff playing as our second string ruck. Hannath can be our emergency ruck who can fill in when required.

That's really my dream scenario.

If we do that I want us signing a FA ruck or taking one in the 2nd round.

Well griffin is 29 himself - assuming Sandi can go around another year or two - trading Clarke would mean we would be in the same boat for a ruck as we are for a KPF in 2 years (ie desperate to bring one in after Sandi and Griff retire). Clarke shits on Hannath for quality - I hope he stays. He knows the team, our systems, and does a decent job as ruck. I hope this talk of trading him is only based on the assumption he must want to leave because he hasn't signed. I wouldn't trade him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Steve Johnson provide value for a year or two?
Personally I think that would be a poor decision, and I am not a Johnson hater. We have such a poor record with players moving here and going into semi-retirement, so possibly I am a bit gun-shy. But he has a family and I don't realistically see him coming here without a killer offer. More likely he would choose a Vic based offer if he wants to go around again.

Well griffin is 29 himself - assuming Sandi can go around another year or two - trading Clarke would mean we would be in the same boat for a ruck as we are for a KPF in 2 years (ie desperate to bring one in after Sandi and Griff retire). Clarke shits on Hannath for quality - I hope he stays. He knows the team, our systems, and does a decent job as ruck. I hope this talk of trading him is only based on the assumption he must want to leave because he hasn't signed. I wouldn't trade him.

I believe you can always find a ruck, while KPF's are a lot harder to find.

I hope he stays as well, but it is not the end of the world if he is traded.

Personally I think that would be a poor decision, and I am not a Johnson hater. We have such a poor record with players moving here and going into semi-retirement, so possibly I am a bit gun-shy. But he has a family and I don't realistically see him coming here without a killer offer. More likely he would choose a Vic based offer if he wants to go around again.
I'm thinking he might get a big cash offer from the AFL to fill in for Essendon for six months to a year.

If both Apeness and Moller were showing promise I would agree. Unfortunate that Apeness hit the injury list, and Moller still seems unconvincing.

I wouldn't mind keeping Clarke. He has shown he is good enough, just not often enough. We do have a spot for him given Sandi and Griff are getting old. I'm also in the camp that if we trade him and can get someone like Mccarthy along with some picks I would totally do it.

Clarke will be good long term, but, it is glaringly obvious that we need a key forward (have done for 5 years...). This is only going to be worse if Pav hangs up the boots.

If trading Clarke gets us a good forward for next year, get it done. Hope that either Moller comes good or that we can get another ruck prospect by the time Sandi / Griff are done.

No point having a good ruckman and midfield if we can't do anything with the ball when it goes forward.

In no way am I adverse to keeping Clarke. Would be happy with signing him up. Would be happier to see a decent forward in the team though.

I wouldn't mind keeping Clarke. He has shown he is good enough, just not often enough. We do have a spot for him given Sandi and Griff are getting old. I'm also in the camp that if we trade him and can get someone like Mccarthy along with some picks I would totally do it.

I wonder which vic based clubs would be keen on potentially trading for Clarke?

On McCarthy as much as I rate him you couldn't build your forward line around him IMO.My preference would be get Shulz via FA then throw the absolute kitchen sink at Hogan.

On McCarthy as much as I rate him you couldn't build your forward line around him IMO.My preference would be get Shulz via FA then throw the absolute kitchen sink at Hogan.

If we were a serious chance to actually get Hogan I could actually see the AFL doing something to stop it...they're the biggest bunch of campaigners after FIFA. They'd choke before they'd let Melbourne's great white hope leave

We've got Alex Pearce and Tabs showing potential. Them and Mccarthy combined could possibly be a really good forward line. I know we all want Hogan but I just don't see it happening. They will only accept Fyfe as a trade. Unless we wait until he becomes a free agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back