2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Chris Connolly (I know), the Yeos pleaded with Fremantle to take Elliott. But the Dockers weren't interested. Can't blame him for going to the only club that would take him.
This is similar to what I've heard, we made no offer.

Ok if this is the case, then I apologise for casting aspersions up his character and take it back that I called him soft. Now I pity him.

Yeo is quality. But a luxury we don't really need right now. Would be an upgrade on De Boer at the moment.

We have Sherro, Croz, Blakely and Weller to come in to the team in the near future. The midfield is pretty much stacked.

I meant if he simply chose WC in spite because Freo didn't listen to mummy and honor wishes for Freo to draft. In my opinion, he could of easily slotted in best 22.
Easily? I'd doubt that. Would Suttcliffe, C. Pearce and Sheridan above him. Yeo hardly displayed anything for Brisbane that would scream top 22. Happy didn't take him, already got players developing without Yeo being added to the mix

Easily? I'd doubt that. Would Suttcliffe, C. Pearce and Sheridan above him. Yeo hardly displayed anything for Brisbane that would scream top 22. Happy didn't take him, already got players developing without Yeo being added to the mix

I thought he did and yeah, don't think he'd be out of place in our team - not sure for who though. He is a fast line breaking half back, would of provided further depth to the midfield.

He is struggling at WC because he's playing a key position role.

I thought he did and yeah, don't think he'd be out of place in our team - not sure for who though. He is a fast line breaking half back, would of provided further depth to the midfield.

He is struggling at WC because he's playing a key position role.

I'd have him currently in our team over Sutcliffe and Mzungu.
Personally would prefer Sherro to him though.

I'd have him currently in our team over Sutcliffe and Mzungu.
Personally would prefer Sherro to him though.

are-you-high-thcf.jpg

Forster to be fair suffered from injuries that grounded him from the get go. Was highly rated then Neale so could be anything. Unfortunately with the draft it's win some lose some for Forster.
Forster definitely had the potential. Unfortunately some kids still don't make it. But in the silver lining, surely Forster being around the club has helped us to secure Lachie and helped him become the little star he is today. Having a childhood friend around would've done a lot to stem any homesickness

Just a hypothetical question for fellow freo fans, disregard trades out for this as well(silly i know) Which scenario would you choose?

1. Trade in J.Hogan ( on his own because kid is god mkII)
2. Trade in H.Bennell + C.McCarthy ( Bennell problems/ McCarthy still unknown)
3. Acquire A.Rance via FA + Trade in H.Bennell ( Rance may walk/Bennell said problems)

First post so shoot me down if I've offended any Bigfooty gods :S

I've read this sentence 5 times and I'm sure you have missed a "not" somewhere. Maybe between the has and had.

Yep, that sounds better, He has NOT had a better career than S Hill, to date.

I know it's hard for some biased supporters to speak on truth rather than passion, but Bennell's kicked three less goals in 62 less games. He became a star in his second year, while it took Hill about five years to do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking that a guy who plays as a forward/midfielder kicks more goals.

Right, their roles are completely different. Hill is the type of player you make sure doesn't have the ball near forward 50.

Last edited:
I know it's hard for some biased supporters to speak on truth rather than passion, but Bennell's kicked three less goals in 62 less games. He became a star in his second year, while it took Hill about five years to do the same.
Bennell has kicked more goals because he's been played as a forward a lot more. Your statement wasn't about the trajectory they were on but that "He has had a better career than S Hill, to date". Stephen has had a longer, better career than Bennell. Harley may continue to exceed Hill at the same age, and if Hill doesn't keep improving then he will end up with a better career. But, to date, Hill has been a better player. At the same age, Bennell has had a better star to his career. Further, Bennell has benefitted from being in a team where he hasn't been tagged (almost) every game he's played.

I'm not denigrating Bennell (or lauding Hill), but I think Hill has achieved more over his career to date than Bennell has.

Bennell has kicked more goals because he's been played as a forward a lot more. Your statement wasn't about the trajectory they were on but that "He has had a better career than S Hill, to date". Stephen has had a longer, better career than Bennell. Harley may continue to exceed Hill at the same age, and if Hill doesn't keep improving then he will end up with a better career. But, to date, Hill has been a better player. At the same age, Bennell has had a better star to his career. Further, Bennell has benefitted from being in a team where he hasn't been tagged (almost) every game he's played.

I'm not denigrating Bennell (or lauding Hill), but I think Hill has achieved more over his career to date than Bennell has.

I just think Bennell's in the same category as Dustin Martin. People might not like him, he might be a flog with a bad attitude, but to say he isn't an extremely good Footballer is ludicrous. Harley's ceiling is enormous if he did the work. He has accomplished far more with his bad attitude than Josh Simpson ever did. I'm not saying he's worth the risk though, or the high price that he would fetch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back