2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure we would have a list management model but it would evolve dependent on the changing needs of the team. It is a good time in our list development to begin managing the list to keep us at the top. That means trading players and picks when they represent good value and also where it moves players from areas of list strength to address areas of list weakness.

The stat in that area I find most interesting are the rookie list originating players per best 22.

We do very well at picking very late but that hides that we do very badly at picking early.

A few of our early pick failures have been due to health issues that we had no way of predicting. Take out Pitt and Mora and our early picks don't look as bad (not fantastic, but not horrendous).

Would you guys have any interest in Lewis Jetta? He is from WA.

The Swans are looking for draft points to get Mills and Dunkley.

Some extra pace for that brilliant inside midfield that you have.

Maybe, but we have Hill and D.Pearce so we won't be throwing the kitchen sink at him. He's probably worth a first rounder and we don't seem to be trading ourselves out of the first round any more. Can't see us trading for him.

Freo need to be getting right into Cam telling him how much they wanted him and how devastated they were that he went so close to their pick, and how much there's a place for him smack in the middle of that forward line, leading it for 10 years.
I honestly think he will come home to play for us at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance IMO we would have any interst in Jetta. We have a deadset speed machine in waiting in Weller, who I think will be right for regular senior action in 2016. We also have two super quick mids in Crozier and Sheridan who havea ton of improvement in them. Sam Reid is about the only player from Sydney I could see us making a play for.

No chance IMO we would have any interst in Jetta. We have a deadset speed machine in waiting in Weller, who I think will be right for regular senior action in 2016. We also have two super quick mids in Crozier and Sheridan who havea ton of improvement in them. Sam Reid is about the only player from Sydney I could see us making a play for.
Is Weller Jetta fast?

Jetta was a mature aged pick, turned 20 during his last season of WAFL (2009: Kicked some astonishing goals that year. One from 70 in wet in the state game and another in what I think was the semi against Subi when he ran around basically half their team.) So long story short he would turn 27 during his first theoretical season for another club. Swans would get better value with a club looking to add pace to a competent but slow midfield. Like Brisbane or WC. I'm sure we'd be happy to play him in front a 30 year old Pearce next season but we most probably wouldn't be willing to pay a price for it the swans would want.

We need Fyfe to go all Lebron James on the Competition and use his star power to take over list management:

Fyfe: "Hi Cam (Mccarthy)/Jesse (Hogan), fancy joining me over here in Freo. You´ll get AA honours and play finals every year with me kicking it to you all the time and you get to play with the GOAT"

Fyfe: "Hi Alex (Rance), fancy joining me over here in Freo. You´ll get AA honours every year with me keeping the ball in our forward line all the time and helping keep your opponent goalless when I push back and best of all you get to play with the GOAT"

GOAT = "Greatest of All Time" for those that don´t know sporting lexicon.

Anyone see hogans interview today for winning the NAB riding star nomination?

Yeah he's committed for another 2 to Melbourne but s**t it will have the dees shitting themselves by what he didn't say in the presser

No doubt Freos in his ear

Was just about to come and post something along the lines of this myself.

He would be welcomed with open arms!

I weed my pants a little with excitement when he didn't sound overly certain about staying at Melbourne. I know the players media trained like crazy and generally don't give away much but it gives me a bit of hope. Cam Mccarthy on the other hand would probably drive here himself to play for us by the sounds of his presser last week!

Either player would be good to help Tabs up forward. We have the midfield and ruck stocks just need to regenerate our bookends and we can spend quite a bit of time in top 4 territory.

Foxsports just said Freo are looking at Charlie Dixon.

Carlisle has put off talks until mid year with lots of clubs having an interest according to his manager on SEN. We would have to be a part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back