2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather go straight to plan C.

Play Fyfe forward

Use late picks to get mature age forwards e.g. Yarran and Adams etc

Use the first pick to get a tall e.g. Collins or Weideman etc

Continue to develop Apeness and persevere with Tabs (gulp, perhaps that's plan F)

I'd rather two forwards and Fyfe in the guts personally.

Even with Bennell and Fyfe we'll only be equal to say Geelong in the guts

I'm warming to the idea of getting Casboult as our 2nd tall forward/ resting ruckman. Will be a big upgrade on Griffin/Clarke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure how good his kicking is, but one thing I have always liked about him is his marking. One grab guy

Is it too much to hope we get both Casboult and McCarthy? If GWS flat out refused to trade Cam behind closed doors, I think Lloyd might have mentioned it yesterday. But it sounded like they were in discussions. What they say to the media might be just a front to try gain maximum value.

Agree, but I would like one our rucks to go out the door if we bring him in.

4 rucks trying to fit into one spot is too many.

Sandi and Griff are on their last legs though and currently Hannath is only back up material. I generally agree but we have enough spots on our list for this season. Clarke is also a FA next season.

West coast picking up Redden is the best thing that could have happened in terms of us picking up Bennell for a 2nd rounder. We won't use our first for a player who isn't a quality tall, and west coasts 2nd is after ours. If Bennell is set on coming back to Perth, we should be able to pick him up for a song.

We aren't interested in bennell so were never going to be a factor in that trade. If he comes to WA it will be as a docker

There was also talk that Jetta soured on WC after they booed Goodesy. We couldn't snag him for a late pick could we?

o_O

Doesn't appear to have changed things as far as I can tell - still wants to come to the eagles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandi and Griff are on their last legs though and currently Hannath is only back up material. I generally agree but we have enough spots on our list for this season. Clarke is also a FA next season.

Just had a thought regarding Clarke. He is a FA next year, if he wants to go we do an Adelaide and demand to trade for him ( by declaring we'll match the offer) or the offer is huge which means we get a compo pick in the first round. We now have two first round picks to trade/use.

Just had a thought regarding Clarke. He is a FA next year, if he wants to go we do an Adelaide and demand to trade for him ( by declaring we'll match the offer) or the offer is huge which means we get a compo pick in the first round. We now have two first round picks to trade/use.
Clarke will more than likely be an unrestricted free agent next year, because he shouldn't be in our 10 highest paid players next year.

Clarke will more than likely be an unrestricted free agent next year, because he shouldn't be in our 10 highest paid players next year.

IMO Clarke genuinely wants to stay at Freo, he could've gone this year. I think he wants the number 1 ruck spot and will see what happens to griff and Sandi at years end. I think the club now don't beleive that Appness will make it as key forward but now a ruck forward, so when Sandi and griff gone it will be Clarke, Appness, Hannath. Ross has time for Hannath, I think he's a b grader ( sorry ufo ).

IMO Clarke genuinely wants to stay at Freo, he could've gone this year. I think he wants the number 1 ruck spot and will see what happens to griff and Sandi at years end. I think the club now don't beleive that Appness will make it as key forward but now a ruck forward, so when Sandi and griff gone it will be Clarke, Appness, Hannath. Ross has time for Hannath, I think he's a b grader ( sorry ufo ).
I think he is also frustrated at having a hobbled year, with a fully fit year Clarke could be anything and he can only increase his worth with a really good year.

Compared to what others are calling him. I can accept a B grade ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back