2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Reid want to leave Sydney now?

1. He has finally found his perfect role
2. He is well paid
3. They're a premiership contender

As I said if he was interested, the swans might be interested re having to find salary cap money . He would be a good fit for Freo.

As I said if he was interested, the swans might be interested re having to find salary cap money . He would be a good fit for Freo.

You'd think they'd have a preference to trading Tippo then Reid.

From what I have heard they aren't actually in too bad a cap spot at the moment anyway.

You'd think they'd have a preference to trading Tippo then Reid.

From what I have heard they aren't actually in too bad a cap spot at the moment anyway.

I'm not certain on cap space but, buddy, tippo, hanerbury, Kennedy, Jack, mc veigh, would take about 4mill, not much left for Reid their defenders Goodes etc.
Anyway just a thought to get Freo KPP.

I think Tippett comes out of contract at the end of next season, underperforming and overpaid.

They might be happy to trade him, accept the instant removal of COLA and allow them to bring in players on more than $300,000 per year again.

If they have a trade lined up, ready to go, they might move him on cheap for it, but where would he go and would he want to move?

I think Tippett comes out of contract at the end of next season, underperforming and overpaid.

They might be happy to trade him, accept the instant removal of COLA and allow them to bring in players on more than $300,000 per year again.

If they have a trade lined up, ready to go, they might move him on cheap for it, but where would he go and would he want to move?

I can see a scenario where they trade him for peanuts (i.e 2nd round pick) just to get his salary off their books. They would probably still be paying possibly 25% of his deal however.

I can see a scenario where they trade him for peanuts (i.e 2nd round pick) just to get his salary off their books. They would probably still be paying possibly 25% of his deal however.
Exactly, but assuming Kurt doesn't want much of a pay cut, where do you think he could end up? St Kilda could use a temp Riewoldt replacement.

Exactly, but assuming Kurt doesn't want much of a pay cut, where do you think he could end up? St Kilda could use a temp Riewoldt replacement.

St Kilda have Bruce and McCartin so they're pretty set I'd think.

It'd be Brisbane I would imagine, can't really see a realistic alternative. Maybe us.............?!?!?!?

St Kilda have Bruce and McCartin so they're pretty set I'd think.

It'd be Brisbane I would imagine, can't really see a realistic alternative. Maybe us.............?!?!?!?
Brisbane do need one, and might be able to satisfy his salary expectations.

I have a worry about paying above Fyfe level cash for a player putting out Tippett like returns.

No you don't have to trade to win but there are arguments that you can win by trading as well.
Sydney: Josh Kennedy, Ben McGlynn, Ted Richards
Hawthorn: Shaun Burgoyne, Josh Gibson, Brian Lake
On the other side of the coin you have teams like Geelong who don't trade or they are depth type trades.
Good post, but I think trades are often talked up more than they should be. For example, Hawthorn are often used as the role model for trading, yet people seem to forget that they have traded out; Josh Kennedy, Ben McGlynn, Luke McPharlin. They have also let go Zac Dawson and Lance Franklin. My argument is that it is easy to show Hawthorn as a trade success story because they have been a successful team ... maybe the trades aren't the reason for their success. When Hawthorn won in 2008, they had only added Stuart Dew via trade (& Brent Guerra a couple years before).
In any case, Hawthorn and Sydney are very different clubs to Fremantle. They both have attractions for players (in trade) that Fremantle does not.

IMO reckon lot sides could use Tippett other than us, & depending on cost, blues, bombers, Suns, lions, saints ? If roo retires, Giants? Patton back, so he would be in demand, not at $850g he is reported to be on though. Reckon swans might not have taken him if they knew buddy was going to them a year later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ottens, McIntosh, Caddy and Rivers are/were hardly depth types. Very few premiership teams don't trade in players who played a significant role.
Also Stanley & Clarke have been more then just depth players this season. Delaney and Blease are both more so depth pick ups though.

Also Stanley & Clarke have been more then just depth players this season. Delaney and Blease are both more so depth pick ups though.
Hawthorn has Ceglar, Spangher and Simpkin on their list as well who were effectively discarded by their clubs. One mans trash is another mans treasure. In a few years we may be trading for a KPP that is outside a teams best 22. Doesn't mean we aren't as good as their former team just that we have a weakness in a certain area which most clubs do. Nothing wrong with recycling for solid role players in the right situation.

Hmmm.
Hawkins must be going then?

Cats lose Hawkins,gain Hendo and dangerfield?

Cats would stronger with the latter maybe?

Dangerfield is still a possibility of coming as a Free agent. Enright, Kelly and a few others can/will all retire. They got rid of Chapman so they aren't afraid to say see ya later to premiership stars. So a two year contract to Dangerfield at a price that the Crows just can't match and he's a Cat.

Henderson is a good player but not a star. Geelong 1st for Henderson and a 3rd rounder maybe.

Why would Henderson choose us over Geelong or another Vic team? There is no reason except cash.

Word is that he's heading home to Geelong though.

Only reason he'd come to us is for more cash.

Do not want then. Tarrant all over again.
The difference is this time we've a sustained top 4 side (probably no1 before finals) this year. We have arguably the best midfield in the comp and a very good system defence. We need a key forward and I would be making at least half the deal we've made in the past to get it done. Fair enough not 3 picks and 2 good players but one 1st rounder/player isn't going to hurt us more than no key forward will.

Maybe Hawkins is coming here?
..and Dangerfield..
I wouldn't want Danger. It would lower the possession count between our other gun mids and one of them would have to move positions. It's a bit like when a team gets two good key forwards. Everyone thinks they are going to dominate but usually one of them under performs and the other goes alright. I'd rather spend the 1 million or so Danger will be on chasing another key forward. Fyfe is too good to stay at key forward, he has the potential to be the goat if they play him we're he's the best already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back