2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Stevo on Twitter (yeah I know) we have upped our bid to land Carlisle. Upped to just under 700k per year, says dogs and blues out. Can't land both back and forward on that coin can we?

According to Stevo on Twitter (yeah I know) we have upped our bid to land Carlisle. Upped to just under 700k per year, says dogs and blues out. Can't land both back and forward on that coin can we?

Is he under the drug cloud?.. Lot money for someone that might be out for two years.

If Dixon wants the coin and to win he comes to us, if he wants the coin and mediocrity he goes to the Lions.
I reckon the Pies would be right into him but are just lying low at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dixon wants the coin and to win he comes to us, if he wants the coin and mediocrity he goes to the Lions.

Not necessarily. He is from Queensland as well so staying home might be a draw card for him.

With any of the players that have been linked to us as trade prospects I have thought that the likelihood of us getting them is fairly low. Any decent KPP will earn very good money, and I don't see living in Perth as a positive in terms of luring them. We are contenders and we do have a clear vacancy, but don't see it as quite enough. Happy to have our hand up though.

Tayl0r I was at this game

I thought then that Adams would be worth looking at (he kicked 5). He moved pretty well that day. He has an interview after the game highlights in this vid.

Is he under the drug cloud?.. Lot money for someone that might be out for two years.
Yep. That's why we stopped being interested in him. I highly doubt we're offering a tonne of money for someone that might not play.

Save that for the Girl Talk thread. ;-)

Seriously though, he's probably slightly shorter than most AFL listed KPF's, but solid. Very solid. WAFL site has him at 193cm, and 98 kg.
At that age there's a high chance he could still be growing! A Pearce & Fyfe both had decent growth spurts after being drafted.

I'd hope there would be a clause that means we don't have to pay him while he's suspended so it wouldn't count towards the cap. He can sue Essendon for loss of income.

I wonder what the rules are on that?

I'd hope there would be a clause that means we don't have to pay him while he's suspended so it wouldn't count towards the cap. He can sue Essendon for loss of income.

I wonder what the rules are on that?

Good question, surely if not resolved by draft/trading the afl will have to make a ruling or not worth the risk.

Good question, surely if not resolved by draft/trading the afl will have to make a ruling or not worth the risk.
I also recon they will get a year max due to no fault. Add in six months already served last off season and they might barely miss a game if they bring down judgement before Christmas.

I also recon they will get a year max due to no fault. Add in six months already served last off season and they might barely miss a game if they bring down judgement before Christmas.

We will see, don't see where you get the no fault from, you know as soon as you get your license not to drink and drive, and as soon as your a footballer your told question everything into your body. Anyway of topic but hope all laid down in black and white before trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back