Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

What should Roos do/request from 2015 fixture?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What else should he be doing? He can't change the draw. 7 sat nights off sets fri for me.

Where do we find which games are free to air?

FTA games ratio maybe on the AFL site. I know JB can't change the draw now , but whinge an win. Works for other clubs

And a Tasmanian team.

Right and in 2016 with the boxes below ticked what leverage do the AFL have exactly to facilitate that?

"By the time JB is done we will be 100% cap, no debt, 45 k members, facility and our own VFL team"

Tassie has had the same population for about 30 years and the AFL are not going to squeeze any more TV revenue - they will lose viewers relocating a Melbourne team.

When the GC kicked off we were 6.5M in debt, 92.5% of the cap with about 20 K members, no facility, a botched VFL alignment, poor revenue and an additional 1.2M revenue loss for a contract ripped up. And we still told them where to go.

Who had the most Friday night appearances last year? Did they gain 30k members, 1m in sponsorship and the Premiership cup?

This holy grail of Friday Night appearances is getting out of hand. We play some 'big' clubs for our home games and 7 bloody Saturday nights.

I'm really looking forward to our 3rd and 4th Friday night games. In September that is. Those we will have earned ;)

Right and in 2016 with the boxes below ticked what leverage do the AFL have exactly to facilitate that?

"By the time JB is done we will be 100% cap, no debt, 45 k members, facility and our own VFL team"

Tassie has had the same population for about 30 years and the AFL are not going to squeeze any more TV revenue - they will lose viewers relocating a Melbourne team.

When the GC kicked off we were 6.5M in debt, 92.5% of the cap with about 20 K members, no facility, a botched VFL alignment, poor revenue and an additional 1.2M revenue loss for a contract ripped up. And we still told them where to go.

What makes you think they need any more leverage than what they have now? AFL will say Tasmania will only get games via the AFL in 2017 so Hawthorn or us can't negotiate with Tasmania any longer. Are you prepared to play 7/8 game there? If not we will offer Saints or Dogs a shitload of money and preferential scheduling to do so and if they do then you are going to get the scrub sunday timeslots and the worst teams until the end of time.

JB will put pen to paper for a long-term contract and we will be bound to the contract even after he completes his final term or is kicked out in an EGM. Once pen goes to paper then it is done and we have no mechanism in place to prevent him from putting pen to paper without member approval.

I got to say that I personally quite like our fixture just because saturday night games is the perfect time for me to go to the footy.

Apart from probably being one Friday night game short, I keep looking and just can't see how it could be much better for a supporter. The club even offers 5 game membership packages for the theatre goer.
Yeh the fixture is not disastrous its just the loss of another game to Hobart Im getting around. Ive got my seat upgraded to Level 1, Aisle 34, Row A and I plan to keep that seat for the next decade. Just want to make sure the Melbourne base is looked after.

I know what you mean about being picky Im not usually like that. Its just two girls Im speaking to at the moment have turned out to be *Essendon supporters and Im coming to terms with that. Tough day.

My Shimma club membership has absolutely plummeted in value for money. I now only get my seat for eight games, not 11. Four of those eight games are against interstate sides. The other four are the Dogs, Hawthorn, Essendon and Geelong. It's absolutely bullshit.
Replacement games are a load of s**t. I end up paying a lot extra on top of my Schimma membership to sit on the same level 2 at these 'home' games.

If the veteran doesn't miss a game, Dustin Fletcher will become the third player to play 400 games in round seven against North Melbourne. Given the Bombers play Fremantle away in round six and he might need the odd rest, we suggest it should happen in round nine when Richmond play Essendon in the Dreamtime at the 'G clash. Either way, he will be 40 years old when it happens

HP.png

What makes you think they need any more leverage than what they have now? AFL will say Tasmania will only get games via the AFL in 2017 so Hawthorn or us can't negotiate with Tasmania any longer. Are you prepared to play 7/8 game there? If not we will offer Saints or Dogs a shitload of money and preferential scheduling to do so and if they do then you are going to get the scrub sunday timeslots and the worst teams until the end of time.

JB will put pen to paper for a long-term contract and we will be bound to the contract even after he completes his final term or is kicked out in an EGM. Once pen goes to paper then it is done and we have no mechanism in place to prevent him from putting pen to paper without member approval.

Very satisfied with the draw, aside from the fact we have less friday nights but can't complain given all the saturday night blockbusters. It's gonna be a good year. 15-17 wins minimum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 5 vs Hawthorn (Docklands) May 2nd
Round 6 vs Richmond (Hobart)
Round 7 vs Essendon (away)
Round 8 vs Fremantle (away)
Round 9 vs Collingwood (away)
Round 10 vs West Coast (Hobart)
Round 11 vs Sydney (Docklands) June 13th

A long time between home games in your home state.

I'm very hopeful that Carlton lose their first 3 games, by over 100 points each, leading to that happy chappy Mick getting the sack one week (or two depending on the current debate about the Pies 1930 flag, Bob Rush and Jock McHale and who coached them to that win - I'd solve it easily. Take it off them and give it to Fitzroy. We were robbed that year) before he equals or takes the record for most games coached.

Wouldn't the Press Conference after he was sacked, with just Stevo in attendance be an absolute rib-tickler?
Nah , I'd like it to be slow, grumpy bleed deep into the season with a glimmer of hope till mid-season facilitating numerous terse press conferences and much humour.

Carlton on Friday is train crash value...another s**t year performance wise and the heat is on Mick re contract renewal...or sacking.

I hope they start shite he grumps right up & they need to make a decision re him breaking the all time record or giving him the arse. I would so love to read that in the press next year, Malthouse is the biggest ass in football & lm including Lumumba in that.

I hope they start shite he grumps right up & they need to make a decision re him breaking the all time record or giving him the arse. I would so love to read that in the press next year, Malthouse is the biggest ass in football & lm including Lumumba in that.

So what are your true thoughts on Mick?

download-jpg.125266

Football is a luxury and if the club wants to play 3 games in Hobart and take a Richmond grudge match away from us, I expect us to get 8 blockbusters in Melbourne as compensation. Has not met my expectations.
Quite frankly the last few days are a wake up call for US and right now whats to say potential members arent tossing up paying $45 a game to sit in decent seats instead of signing up as members and keeping $200 in their pocket.

You need to lower your expectations if you expect 8 blockbusters in Melb.
Im more than comfortable in playing a big game in Tassie like against the Tigers, in fact l welcome it. No way you roll over the contract in Tassie if you are playing s**t teams every year the main sponsor of us in Tassie is TT lines & they need to see value & frankly without the Tassie games the club would not be healthy. I think the admin have done a great job & l applaud them for the position they have got the club in. The club need Tassie members. People on here are pumping up 45k members but without the ability to sell out games in Tassie we wont even get 40K again, most of those Tassie members would not be North supporters l would hazard a guess, but they do want to watch AFL games & the best way to convert them to members is for them to think if l don`t join it will be sold out & l won`t even see the game.
People who just want Tassie members to inflate the membership numbers but offer nothing in return are smoking pipes.

It's going to be worth tuning in on a Friday to watch them get spanked. Friday night press conferences and talkback radio is going to be most entertaining.:thumbsu:

Mark Stevens leaves channel 7 & Carlton will get 1 Friday night game.

FACT - last year the ratings went up after Carlton games finished, when the presser was due & with no live action they had maximum adds.
Mark Stevens was not keen to continue doing it but they kept insisting he must & he must ask the first Q to put him on tilt.

I for one loved it

It's not terrible but not great either.

Call me a cynic but if * only got 3 Friday night games (instead of their standard 7-8) it's because the AFL don't want the ASADA *Bombers getting too much exposure. After all, according to Gilligan they were the reason for 50% of AFL brand damage this year. (or they think * will have players suspended and won't have anywhere near a full strength side).

This is what happens when you look to sue & f*** up the organisation. It will happen beyond 2015 as well make no mistake about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.........Wild Bill is thinking about the kids.
He tees off with the big stick in almost every post.

Then kisses the kids goodnight......l for one would not have expected that.
Just lucky that Nate7 helps out at the footy when they all start running in a different direction.

I've just got the feeling we're in for a massive reality-check next year, you have all been officially warned, JR.

A time snap in Jack Reachers day
"Agggghhhh she wants to see me naked.....she will be so disappointed"

Huge.jpg

Back