2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring?
Facts is - On your home ground, you're supposed to get the rub of the green. Tonight, those b@stards set out to hold us back. First quarter at one stage was 10-2 frees against. That's just cheating. On a level playing field, we should have been up by 60. Game over. They were gone, history - but they got cheap possession constantly which kept them close. Witness the decision against Ted when he got low to the ball well before Ellis was there - put God knees in - and Ellis gets the free and a goal. Critical. Last quarter - three times in a row, we are shoved off the ball one in one, umpires ignored it, having nailed us twice just before. Absolute fraud.

We go into every game giving at least a 4 goal start. Against the better teams, sometimes it's too much.

We're good enough to win this year. But the Victorian umpires are the biggest threat.

And can we please not pretend that it has no influence. IN a tight, even competition, it's crucial. You just have to ask - we are a fast clean efficient fair team - but we get crucified every week. Ever wonder why?

And I thought we had it bad!

I actually thought Razor Ray was getting frustrated that his colleagues weren't calling the frees correctly and had to signal them himself from the secondary position.

All this year the umpires have let the player creep up from the mark, "back two meters, back two meters, BACK TWO METERS, thank you!" Razor swoops in after the first ignore of his colleague and pays the fifty. Finally! I thought.

Miles and Grimes are playing for free kicks a bit too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought Razor Ray was getting frustrated that his colleagues weren't calling the frees correctly and had to signal them himself from the secondary position.

All this year the umpires have let the player creep up from the mark, "back two meters, back two meters, BACK TWO METERS, thank you!" Razor swoops in after the first ignore of his colleague and pays the fifty. Finally! I thought.

Miles and Grimes are playing for free kicks a bit too much.
I've noticed that a few times. Is it weird that I like Razor Ray as an umpire. He's harsh but fair

I've noticed that a few times. Is it weird that I like Razor Ray as an umpire. He's harsh but fair
They all seemed to submit to his overruling too. There was one, maybe two, where an umpire called "back!" And Razor flew in and changed it to contact below the knees, reversing the free kick.

Killed the Swans momentum harder than getting whacked in the face by a Franklin, which sounds dirty :)

Next week Sydney have a 6 day break against Port who are coming off a bye.

How the **** does that happen?

West Coast had the same treatment last round, coming off a six day break to play Richmond coming off the bye.

It's just dumb. How hard can it be for the afl to schedule games during the bye round so sides have roughly equal preparation coming into the match.

The 6 sides that have the bye the 1st week should be drawn to play each other the following week and so on throughout the bye rounds. No sides that played the week before playing a side that had a bye

And sides coming off the bye play a side also coming off the bye. It's fair and common sense which probably explains why the afl don't do it

Holy s**t, what a fantastic result to wake up to! Richmond were getting flogged when I left home last night so I didn't bother checking the score after that.

Looks like the Swans aren't so perfect after all - I guess no team will be winning the premiership this year.

Looks like the Swans aren't so perfect after all - I guess no team will be winning the premiership this year.
They haven't rectified what cost them the premiership last year: brittle defence when they haven't had a +1 back (Grundy completely shat himself like in last years GF, for example) and no scoring options if Franklin is well held.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back