News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it says much for the condition of the rest of the players, if Keefe is beating home the mids.
Guys like Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, Buddy Franklin, Justin Westhoff and going back, Matthew Richardson have all been keeping up with the midfielders, if not beating the brakes off them in time trials.

Do you think their clubs panic that their midfielders aren't fit enough because their forwards are beating them? Or do you think that they're excited about the prospect of having an ultra-fit key forward?

How are we supposed to defend those forwards if our defenders can't go with them? Give Lachie the credit he deserves - He's gotten himself really fit and we should be praising him for it, not using it as a way to go after the midfielders.

As for Tony Armstrong, after this year, he knows he needs to be fit enough to play two games in a day, so you can't blame him for working on his tank.

I am pleased for Armstrong needs a big preseason if he is to force him self into best 22 calculations. Good news on Lachlan too, if he can develop into that third tall option by being extremely fit, running all game and use his good ball skills then we might be able to play Brown, Frost and Keefe as the three key defenders provided all are injury free of course.

I am pleased for Armstrong needs a big preseason if he is to force him self into best 22 calculations. Good news on Lachlan too, if he can develop into that third tall option by being extremely fit, running all game and use his good ball skills then we might be able to play Brown, Frost and Keefe as the three key defenders provided all are injury free of course.

He would need to work on his positioning to read the drop of the ball but he may get a crack at that Maxwell role. He is no slower, taller, a better defender and a better kick. He is also rated internally for his leadership skills.

His challenge will be that he is quite poor at reading the play, an attribute essential to the role and one in which Maxwell was elite.

Last edited:

Keeffe is and has always been an impressive aerobic athlete, hardly surprising hes in the top bracket.

Wish we had a full placing of where everyone was

10608469_10152519868096229_3193239361350225049_o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Greenwood, I don't exactly know how it works however his season did finish 3 weeks later than anyone elses on our list so he could have some leniency?
I don't think the North senior players would be back for another week or 2?

Could Shaz be playing VFL within the first few games? Seems to be training (I have no idea about ACL's)

Club would be foolish to rush him back. Give him at least 9-10months to recover before playing. Anyone that's done an ACL knows what a campaigner of an injury it is and you should never rush or try to speed up the rehab. It's not worth it and I'd be pretty confident most recurring ACL injuries are from guys coming back too quickly.

On another note, load up on Freeman for the 2015 Rising Star award.

why and how are they running?

Running with their legs.

Both did their injuries late Auguest. Being able to run within 3 months is quite normal, especially for elite athletes.

Also the ability to run now means there has been very little complications in their rehab to this point.

Running with their legs.

Both did their injuries late Auguest. Being able to run within 3 months is quite normal, especially for elite athletes.

Also the ability to run now means there has been very little complications in their rehab to this point.
This is one of my favorite posts, cant wait till they can play.

Club would be foolish to rush him back. Give him at least 9-10months to recover before playing. Anyone that's done an ACL knows what a campaigner of an injury it is and you should never rush or try to speed up the rehab. It's not worth it and I'd be pretty confident most recurring ACL injuries are from guys coming back too quickly.

On another note, load up on Freeman for the 2015 Rising Star award.
Not positive on this but arent players more susceptible to soft tissue injuries when coming back from an ACL also. Last thing I'd want to hear is Shaz's hamstring parting from the bone.

Not positive on this but arent players more susceptible to soft tissue injuries when coming back from an ACL also. Last thing I'd want to hear is Shaz's hamstring parting from the bone.
Yes that's true. the graft is usually taken from the hamstring of the opposite leg which then leaves the "graft leg" more prone to injury until the muscle fully heals.

A traditional ACL knee reco essentially guarantees that the hamstring will pop at one stage or another. My mate did his getting out of bed after his reco, and he did everything right (he's a physio).

Would have to be doing something pretty hardcore to tear it off the bone though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back