News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Varcoe ends up being revitalised under Bucks and plays a great role for us on the wing or half forward or something I will lose my goddamn mind out of happiness.

I watched a Nth V Geelong game from late last season last night on Foxtel and took particular notice of both Varcoe and Greenwood. Varcoe was reasonable. Nothing spectacular but he was OK.

One thing is for sure though, if Greenwood plays for us like he did in that game, one thing he'll never be accused of is being a squib. He attacked the ball like a maniac. His kicking was very neat too He's been labelled a bit as an ordinary kick, but his general field kicking was sharp. The kicks that didn't hit targets were generally hacks out of a pack. Nothing that Swan, Fyfe, Kennedy etc don't do themselves all the time. If he stays fit, I'm really looking forward to see what he can add to the side

I hope AFL.com.au is right and all the preseason training reports are wrong as up till now they have all had a common theme kicking = shithouse , intensity = high.

Dynasty sides have never been lean or thinly lean.

Hawks late 80s/early 90s, Lions 01-04, Cats 07-12 etc all bigger sides capable of withstanding and dishing out physical punishment.

The trick is to build mass and endurance over time but all started as bigger builds then built up the tanks to match it takes time and plenty of injuries and poor years till it "clicks".

Thin lean model sides are flag pinchers WC and Swans 05/06 sides spring to mind.
Weren't the Hawks leaner last year?
Have read that Hodge, Lewis and co trimmed up to keep at the top.
Sure they have a few larger guys but it seems all clubs are going towards fitter lighter players with better endurance.

Weren't the Hawks leaner last year?
Have read that Hodge, Lewis and co trimmed up to keep at the top.
Sure they have a few larger guys but it seems all clubs are going towards fitter lighter players with better endurance.

Yep it's the new trend but as I have said earlier it will be the trend until a team comes out with bruisers and wears these sides down physically trimming up is ok as long as you still focus on good muscle density like Adams and Freeman have.

I have to say that from the pics Jack Crisp is looking in pretty decent nick.

He seems to fly under the radar but I seriously hope that is not the case for us. After his end of season form at the Lions he should be given plenty of opportunity at the Pies. Apart from maybe 10 guys our best 22 is anyone's guess and he could easily fit in it.

Also I look forward to seeing Broomhead and Freeman playing together. I think those 2 working our left side and Pendles and Sidebottom on the right gives us some real punch. Clean clearances with pace and elite foot skills from a stoppage is something we lacked last season.
There is plenty to like about what we are building here at the moment, in a few years we could have Danger MkII, the Broom, De Goey, Moore, the dominant ruck duo and a healthy spine at the peak of their powers.

It's got me excited!

If anyone is lacking a footy fix over the weekend, check out broomhead's 3 goals from the GWS game this year – the second one in particular is absolute class! He needs a highlights video for sure. Williams has some nice moments in the midfield too, plus JT had a massive game.

Definitely the highlight from the back end of the year, even if it was only against the GWS. It wasn't particularly classy, but it was gutsy. We had a silly amount of players injured at that time - Swan, Macaffer and Young injured themselves in the first half, and we didn't have Cloke, Elliott, Adams, Reid, Brown, Beams, Tooves, Fasolo... even Kennedy and Seedsman were unavailable. I'm sure there are a few others I'm forgetting about too... also Pendles was clearly injured but played on.

JT, Williams, Broomhead, Sinclair, Blair and White were all exceptionally brave. If they can continue to show that sort of determination in a team that hasn't been decimated we'll go a long way towards improving next year.

If anyone is lacking a footy fix over the weekend, check out broomhead's 3 goals from the GWS game this year – the second one in particular is absolute class! He needs a highlights video for sure. Williams has some nice moments in the midfield too, plus JT had a massive game.

Thanks for that. We beat ourselves up about what happened in the second half of last year, but seriously, the games where we were significantly undermanned, due to injury either before or during the game. That was a great win, even if it was GWS.

Definitely the highlight from the back end of the year, even if it was only against the GWS. It wasn't particularly classy, but it was gutsy. We had a silly amount of players injured at that time - Swan, Macaffer and Young injured themselves in the first half, and we didn't have Cloke, Elliott, Adams, Reid, Brown, Beams, Tooves, Fasolo... even Kennedy and Seedsman were unavailable. I'm sure there are a few others I'm forgetting about too... also Pendles was clearly injured but played on.

JT, Williams, Broomhead, Sinclair, Blair and White were all exceptionally brave. If they can continue to show that sort of determination in a team that hasn't been decimated we'll go a long way towards improving next year.
Fas was there, but agree on the rest. Actually a bit depressing to watch at times with all the injuries but great game from JT and good to see Sincs sink one again!

Definitely the highlight from the back end of the year, even if it was only against the GWS. It wasn't particularly classy, but it was gutsy. We had a silly amount of players injured at that time - Swan, Macaffer and Young injured themselves in the first half, and we didn't have Cloke, Elliott, Adams, Reid, Brown, Beams, Tooves, Fasolo...

He was playing in that match (Check the ~1:00min mark)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, please don't ruin the one thread that has nothing to do with revisiting former glories and failures.
caa6572a357b7798bd7dad33eb0a3cafa4fdc45beba0da6179e26e8581157f94.jpg

Folks,

(1) If you want to take a thread off-topic ... Just create a new thread with your new topic. If you're replying to a post, then it's easy to copy and paste the quote into the new thread.

(2) If a thread has gone off-topic ... Just report the first post that has taken the thread off-topic and the mods will move it out.

FYI Vicky Park , Magpie Girl , Gone Critical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back