2015 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, because we will be fighting for top 8 anytime soon. The reality is, we're a long way from ever competing in the top 8. In fact, we will likely never see the day where we're a top 8 team anymore. It's hard to make any progress when players continually leave your club and you can barely win 2 games for an entire season.

This is just another nail in our coffin and the only way out of this is for the AFL to take over this rabble of a club.

Bottoming out over the last couple of years was always going to hurt more than most expected. Previously at least we had a sniff of finals. Now Leppa's promise of a premiership in the distant future doesn't do a lot for most footballers.

Seedsman can't swing forward or play through the midfield and the media is reporting Brisbane are seriously considering him

Out of interest, has there been much media reporting Brisbane are seriously considering him? The initial report that came out regarding him was that Collingwood was considering offering him up, and I think I read one article that mentioned Brisbane were "believed to be interested" in.

What would you be asking for then?

Firstly, as I've said elsewhere (and maybe you should consider searching for 'Seedsman' on the Brisbane forum to see the context for this discussion) we have tended not to work fringe players from other clubs into trade deals. And the only way Seedsman would agree to come to Brisbane is if the demand for him from other clubs was very low, which would therefore make his trade value negligible. If Seedsman does agree to be traded to the Lions, we'd be best off getting that deal done separately from any Aish trade.

There's a big difference between what we'll ask for and what we'll get, but I think we'll ask for Collingwood's first rounder to start with and try to offer a lower pick back to the Pies as our next negotiating position.

If that doesn't work, then we'll ask Collingwood to help us acquire a player for another club that we're keen on. Possibly Dixon, or someone like Bell if he's keen to come back to Brisbane. I doubt that there are any Collingwood fringe players that we want, although Oxley is a slim possibility.

As has also been said elsewhere, there are negative consequences for us if we allow players to be traded away for unders too easily. We will fight this.

Last edited:
Firstly, as I've said elsewhere (and maybe you should consider searching for 'Seedsman' on the Brisbane forum to see the context for this discussion) we have tended not to work fringe players from other club's into trade deals. And the only way Seedsman would agree to come to Brisbane is if the demand for him from other clubs was very low, which would therefore make his trade value negligible. If Seedsman does agree to be traded to the Lions, we'd be best off getting that deal done separately from any Aish trade.

There's a big difference between what we'll ask for and what we'll get, but I think we'll ask for Collingwood's first rounder to start with and try to offer a lower pick back to the Pies as our next negotiating position.

If that doesn't work, then we'll ask Collingwood to help us acquire a player for another club that we're keen on. Possibly Dixon, or someone like Bell if he's keen to come back to Brisbane. I doubt that there are any Collingwood fringe players that we want, although Oxley is a slim possibility.

As has also been said elsewhere, there are negative consequences for us if we allow players like to be traded away for unders too easily. We will fight this.

I think it'll come down a lot to what Aish decides.

If he nominates to come back to Victoria and a bidding war starts between Collingwood and Carlton Brisbane should get a pretty good return. If he only nominates 1 team though and refuses to look anywhere else it becomes pretty hard for Brisbane, and their choice could be accept significant unders or send him to the PSD, where Carlton should get him for free.

Collingwood's clear number 1 target this off season is Treloar, which is where our 1st round pick will go, so I don't think we will overbid for Aish.

If he nominates to come back to Victoria and a bidding war starts between Collingwood and Carlton Brisbane should get a pretty good return. If he only nominates 1 team though and refuses to look anywhere else it becomes pretty hard for Brisbane, and their choice could be accept significant unders or send him to the PSD, where Carlton should get him for free.

Collingwood's clear number 1 target this off season is Treloar, which is where our 1st round pick will go, so I don't think we will overbid for Aish.

Why does everyone think Aish is from Victoria? He's Adelaide royalty FFS.

He'll nominate one team.

A few things have to line up for Carlton to get him for free in the PSD, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Vardy & a 3rd Rounder get the deal done for Martin? Please dear god dont send us Luenberger, although an injury prone occasionally decent ruckmen is our trade target most years.

Isn't Vardy another injury prone player???

Would Vardy & a 3rd Rounder get the deal done for Martin? Please dear god dont send us Luenberger, although an injury prone occasionally decent ruckmen is our trade target most years.
So one injury prone ruckman for another. We'll probably settle on West at this stage.

Vardy would be great. Just replace all his bones, muscles and tendons with new ones and we have a deal.

Vardy would be great. Just replace all his bones, muscles and tendons with new ones and we have a deal.
We could offer you 3 working fingers and a collarbone... Its all we could salvage from hamish Mcintosh.

So one injury prone ruckman for another. We'll probably settle on West at this stage.

But... a 3rd round pick (45ish), in this weak draft too. How could we say no? A guy that doesn't play and a guy who may never play, for an elite level Ruckman. Where do we sign?

But... a 3rd round pick (45ish), in this weak draft too. How could we say no? A guy that doesn't play and a guy who may never play, for an elite level Ruckman. Where do we sign?
Only floated it for your guys desire for a key forward. Would you guys be interested in him at all?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back