2015 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only floated it for your guys desire for a key forward. Would you guys be interested in him at all?

Not interested in an injury prone bloke with very little runs on the board. Cheers for the offer though. :thumbsdown:

I've never seen Minson play but I believe Martin is a much better footballer.

I've seen Minson play recently. A straight swap would be s**t and pointless since the only reason we'd be trading a player under contract would be to get better and/or get younger. Minson ticks neither of these boxes. We might as well start an inanimate carbon rod each week.

I've seen Minson play recently. A straight swap would be s**t and pointless since the only reason we'd be trading a player under contract would be to get better and/or get younger. Minson ticks neither of these boxes. We might as well start an inanimate carbon rod each week.

I was under the impression Martin wanted out, but of course the club can still refuse.

I've never seen Minson play but I believe Martin is a much better footballer.

...what?

EDIT: Oh, Claye Beams rising star reference. I get it.

Minson is an AA quality ruck, out of favour with beveridge.

He smashed Mumford this year though

He was an AA quality ruck. If he is, why is your club playing the likes of Campbell and Cordy (serviceable at best, but no one's going to argue AA quality for them) over him given where you are on the ladder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was an AA quality ruck. If he is, why is your club playing the likes of Campbell and Cordy (serviceable at best, but no one's going to argue AA quality for them) over him given where you are on the ladder?

Because he is out of favour with the coach. Could be a good stopgap for a club in brisbane's position ala Ben Hudson

Stef Martin is contracted. If we decided not to trade him, he has the option of sitting out of football for year.

At 29 and on good money, it would take some impressive internal fortitude to give up one of your last 3-4 years.

Hard to see why Brisbane would settle.

I don't see the Dogs giving up a 1st for Martin, but it's tough because he is obviously a very good ruckman with a few years left to play at a high level. Personally I'd have no problem trading Minson and a 2nd round pick for Martin. Minson would make a nice stopgap and mature age guy who still has 2-3 good years left in him, but not sure if you're interested in him or if he would agree to leave Melbourne etc.

I don't see the Dogs giving up a 1st for Martin, but it's tough because he is obviously a very good ruckman with a few years left to play at a high level. Personally I'd have no problem trading Minson and a 2nd round pick for Martin. Minson would make a nice stopgap and mature age guy who still has 2-3 good years left in him, but not sure if you're interested in him or if he would agree to leave Melbourne etc.

Minson (trade value = 0) and a pick in the 30s does not equal a contracted Martin

Assuming the Dogs finish 5th-6th, that would likely be about pick 35 after FA compo picks are awarded.

So what you're proposing is pick 35 and a player who you'd have no further use for, that at best would be a stopgap for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back