2016 AFL Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of potential mid-range players this year, (this is with out any Essendon top up players too) some I'll be keeping a very close eye on will be:

Jedd Anderson
Christian Petracca
Dale Thomas (I do think 354k is to steap)
Craig Bird
Issac Heeney
Jack Martin
Ben Kennedy
Mathew Wright
Reece Conca (my real smokey)

Quite a of those blokes have found new homes, the rest are coming off some injuries but if you pick the right guys there's some serious value there.

Yep i was saying the strength in hindsight will likely be the midpricers. Premiums and rookies look light on for now.

There all names that are on my short list and more.

Wow thats a huge loss for the hawks dominos with Lake out aswell.

No doubt they will cover but will hurt in someway its hard losing buddy, rough and lake in a short space of time

If Jarrod Lyons gets selected he is a mid/forward. I think he is only about $247K and that's because he wore the vest 8 times last year. No vest and I will pick him before any rookies.

Last edited:

No doubt they will cover but will hurt in someway its hard losing buddy, rough and lake in a short space of time
i think we should have enough depth to cover those spots.

Interestingly though, on our board people have judged from previous training sessions that brand and heatherly are heavily fighting for a spot in the best 22 so they could be some bizzare choices if someone dares to pick them

Nakia Cockatoo wasn't a big scorer last year but at 199K surely that is good value when compared to a few rookies. Any thoughts. Not picked much so could be unique.

Nah there probably just resting him for the finals..

anyone know how well Stevie J is going this pre-season?
Most of us will be keeping an eye on him, wait and see how his NAB Cup goes.
Nakia Cockatoo wasn't a big scorer last year but at 199K surely that is good value when compared to a few rookies. Any thoughts. Not picked much so could be unique.
Would defiantly be a POD, personally I feel you'd be able to get very similar scores off of a rookie priced from 125k-140k. I'd have to question what his job security is like too.

Cockatoo has had an exceptional pre-season, has put on some bulk, and is being mentored by Dangerfield and training with the mid-field group.. Real pace, but still young....but he will get games, and at 199,000 is a bit of a bargain. Got him on my bench.

You should consider Menzel as well.....has had an uninhibited pre-season for the first time in years and looks ready to go....he's a real talent.....the knees are the issue, but all signs are good right now. Hasn't missed a session, and performed well in the match simulation the other day.

Well worth some thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's the deal with the Franklin in the midfield rotation mix rumours?

Buddys always pushed up into the midfield that iant going to change IMO. All ppayers in the AFL will add 10% flexability to other positions due to capped rotations.

Hes always pushed upto a wing though maybe this time he will go onball but hes done that before aswell in really minor minutes.

Youll probably see Riewoldt jack and nick go midfield aswell

what's the deal with the Franklin in the midfield rotation mix rumours?

With our players Tippett/Sinclair/Reid/Franklin, They obviously wont be all in the 50.

Reid/Franklin have played high half forward/wing in previous seasons, though they were playing as forward.

I would imagine that it be to get some skills and so that in games if he goes missing, he might get chucked on the ball to get some touches/confidence.

He is good value. He is one to watch in the pre-season. Good price compared to the new rookie price structure. I wouldn't want a 199k player on the pine though

He is good value. He is one to watch in the pre-season. Good price compared to the new rookie price structure. I wouldn't want a 199k player on the pine though

Depends who else is available.

Doeant look like there will be many 120k rookies ready to go from round 1 and be good this year.

Buddy spent minutes onball as a junior as well primarily played there in school football

Depends who else is available.

Doesn't look like there will be many 120k rookies ready to go from round 1 and be good this year.

Buddy spent minutes onball as a junior as well primarily played there in school football

I agree I don't think there will be too many 120k gems and might have to add another 100k to get a bit of value. The game has changed slightly and it will take a slight adjustment in attitudes to work out who is value.

Roos board are salivating over Anderson and he is $224K, Petracca was one of my initial choices but he has had a shortened preseason and is $349K. Barlow and Dahlhaus are $515K and $540K and both are DPP while Buddy is also in my sights. Bird is another I expect may flourish at a different club.

Roos board are salivating over Anderson and he is $224K, Petracca was one of my initial choices but he has had a shortened preseason and is $349K. Barlow and Dahlhaus are $515K and $540K and both are DPP while Buddy is also in my sights. Bird is another I expect may flourish at a different club.

$238K

The Roos board salivates about anything and everything roo related. Till they cop injuries and dont have a side which can win a flag theyll start sooking again.

Thoughts on De Goey, $342K mid/fwd? Haven't heard much talk about him but Collingwood have stated they want to get the young guys going through the middle more and assume he would be a part of that. Also heard he ripped up an intra-club the other week.

Thoughts on De Goey, $342K mid/fwd? Haven't heard much talk about him but Collingwood have stated they want to get the young guys going through the middle more and assume he would be a part of that. Also heard he ripped up an intra-club the other week.

I won't be De Goeying there

Tom lynch (Adelaide) or Toby Greene? Currently looking at them as Forward 3. Lynch seems a consistent fantasy forward owned by 1% whereas Greene has potential to score more, with GWS having such a deep midfield I'm not sure how much he'll score and he's owned by 16% at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back