2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people are living in fantasy land when they say Fagan will turn things around how does anyone know if he can even coach
Would like to think if he can't coach we would not have selected him as coach. They must have seen something in him I suggest and he has coached before just not AFL level.

I've been told a few weeks ago Suns are red hot on SPS, Brodie, Scrimshaw and another who I can't remember. Might be Ainsworth. If we can get a pick 3 + Hanley to pick 4 + pick 6 or 8 I would take that instantly. We just have to make sure we bid on Bowes which I think we may if Suns don't trade with us to show that we aren't trade or draft pushovers anymore.

I've been told a few weeks ago Suns are red hot on SPS, Brodie, Scrimshaw and another who I can't remember. Might be Ainsworth. If we can get a pick 3 + Hanley to pick 4 + pick 6 or 8 I would take that instantly. We just have to make sure we bid on Bowes which I think we may if Suns don't trade with us to show that we aren't trade or draft pushovers anymore.
Ultimately a win/win would be Hanley and pick 21 for pick 8. If the gold coast get 6 for prestia then we should be able to pry 8 off them and not bid on Bowes. If they only give us 14 id happily bid on Bowes at 3 and either make them pay or still get a good pick in Bowes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough talk of the 'pies. How about brett deledio for rockliff? Both Quality players. Worth considering.

Why would Deledio come here? If he wants to never play in a flag before retiring he could stay at Richmond.

This would be a really good outcome. If we could get a future 1st for Rocky then we will have really accelerated our list build, especially talent wise between the 2015-2017 drafts.

I like in it theory, we'd really have to be 100% sure that they're taking SPS, I'd be pretty angry if we missed out on Ainsworth.

I like in it theory, we'd really have to be 100% sure that they're taking SPS, I'd be pretty angry if we missed out on Ainsworth.

Most of the articles and commentary I've read on the draft this year indicates that it'll be 6-8 deep in terms of high-end talent. It could be the case that we're hot on 4 or 5 of the draftees and not just Ainsworth. If we trade back further it'll give you a good indication that we rate at least 4 draftees very highly, rather than an assessment that a particular player will slide.

Most of the articles and commentary I've read on the draft this year indicates that it'll be 6-8 deep in terms of high-end talent. It could be the case that we're hot on 4 or 5 of the draftees and not just Ainsworth. If we trade back further it'll give you a good indication that we rate at least 4 draftees very highly, rather than an assessment that a particular player will slide.
If we trade 3 for 4 and 6/8/10 it will probably only mean we think there are at least 4 guns and two top 10 picks are better than one. And I for one will be happy with that assessment.

Yep - I'd give up 21 for those 2 if it also means we get 10 for Hanley.
Hanley and Green out makes 7 list spots
Hartung, Whitecross, picks 3, 10, 16, 19 and Archie Upgrade.

Does pose a question about the academy kids though......

I would like to get both of those, although trading out Rocky gets us a spot back for one of them

And Frost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back