List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would be sweet, sweet justice if we ended up with Wines, and Port ended up with Toumpas ... although given I'm sure we'd be trading multiple top picks to Port, and they traded us a 17th rounder and a hand job out the back of Etihad, who is the real winner?

That being said, we'd be receiving an elite mid, with exposure to finals footy, and they've gotten the footballing equivalent of a nervous Chihuahua who hasn't taken its anxiety medicine in a week.

12 Essendon players are effectively DFAs.

Hurley
Hooker
Heppell
Hibberd
Colyer
Myers
Bellchambers
Hocking
Stanton
Watson
Pears
Howlett

Think Hooker and Hurley will get top dollar thrown at them.

Personally I want Colyer. Had a great 2015 before he got hurt. Should be cheap.

12 Essendon players are effectively DFAs.

Hurley
Hooker
Heppell
Hibberd
Colyer
Myers
Bellchambers
Hocking
Stanton
Watson
Pears
Howlett

Think Hooker and Hurley will get top dollar thrown at them.

Personally I want Colyer. Had a great 2015 before he got hurt. Should be cheap.
Colyer - good call. Gets the ball forward fast. Looks like the kind of player we could really use.

The first three H's will get a number of tempting offers, though I wouldn't say no - particularly to the two defenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think the bombers players will actually leave?

I'd be surprised if they didn't lose a few to be honest. Some will no doubt stick fat, but I can't imagine all 12 of the remaining players being willing to walk back in the door of the place that has put them in this predicament, regardless of none of the actual people who did it being around. Other players have wanted a fresh start for a lot less reasons.

On top of that, I'd suggest 17 sharks circling most of them from last week up until October, the law of averages mean that at least one will take the bait.

I'd be surprised if they didn't lose a few to be honest. Some will no doubt stick fat, but I can't imagine all 12 of the remaining players being willing to walk back in the door of the place that has put them in this predicament, regardless of none of the actual people who did it being around. Other players have wanted a fresh start for a lot less reasons.

On top of that, I'd suggest 17 sharks circling most of them from last week up until October, the law of averages mean that at least one will take the bait.

If they blamed the club why were they so certain they were innocent, and why did they stick fat until now
If the club has injected me with crap and then wouldnt tell me what it was I would have already left

If they blamed the club why were they so certain they were innocent, and why did they stick fat until now
If the club has injected me with crap and then wouldnt tell me what it was I would have already left
Because they hadnt actually been suspended up until now?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

They hadn't missed anything more than a couple of preseason games until now tho. The "innocence" thing would surely be a company line that the playing group is towing, and while they'll not say it in a public forum, at least some would know that the club is guilty, and to the letter of the law, they are too.

As I said, there is no way that all 12 of them have played their last games for Essendon, but I can't see the 12 month ban not being the straw, or the enormous log is probably more accurate, that breaks the camels back for at least some of them. Players are after a fresh start and a handy pay raise for much lesser reasons.

What will be interesting is if the AFL intervenes with their spot in the draft order come the end of the season.

Unless Carlton are even worse than we think, they'll take the spoon, but they SURELY can't be given the #1 pick come draft night? You could argue that they'll need assistance to pull them off the bottom of the ladder after all this, but the much stronger argument is that it was of their own doing, and they can't in good conscience benefit from that.

What will be interesting is if the AFL intervenes with their spot in the draft order come the end of the season.

Unless Carlton are even worse than we think, they'll take the spoon, but they SURELY can't be given the #1 pick come draft night? You could argue that they'll need assistance to pull them off the bottom of the ladder after all this, but the much stronger argument is that it was of their own doing, and they can't in good conscience benefit from that.
Nek minnit, they ask for priority pick.
I think taking a 1st rounder off them completely would be off the table for the AFL. Having a s**t Essendon does hurt them financially (or at least they think it does; other clubs could pick up their share of the market especially with the Roos, Dogs, Tigers [and us, hopefully] set for decent years). Also they took their picks away a couple of years ago so they hitting them twice in a short period would really screw them, when they can least afford it.
Maybe bump them down the order a few places? But then you could argue that incentivises tanking.

Will be interesting to see what happens; there'll be some frothing at the mouth from the masses regardless of how it plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back