Fantasy 2017 NFL Mock Draft Sign-up and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we starting a new thread for the picks?

Yep. Give me some time, dammit!

Give some person mod powers and they suddenly become a dictator.

Don't worry Blacky - I still love you. Gonna come back for the Age of Triumphs?

Yep. Give me some time, dammit!

Give some person mod powers and they suddenly become a dictator.

Don't worry Blacky - I still love you. Gonna come back for the Age of Triumphs?
Yes. Yes I am.

Just wondering why i stickied this thread...

Okay, so here is the current allocation of teams:

Code:
Pick  Team
----------------------------------------------------
   1  CLE                fuey
   2  SF                 BeinPurplenGreen
   3  CHI                drd23
   4  JAX                Bucking Beads
   5  TEN (from LAR)     Blacky
   6  NYJ                Dixie Flatline
   7  LAC                catters078
   8  CAR                Bucking Beads
   9  CIN                raskolnikov
  10  BUF                Buzzasto da Silva
  11  NOS                BeinPurplenGreen
  12  CLE (from PHI)     fuey
  13  ARI                aussiedude
  14  IND                catters078
  15  PHI (from MIN)     Dixie Flatline
  16  BAL                drd23
  17  WAS                Buzzasto da Silva
  18  TEN                Blacky
  19  TBB                offtherails9
  20  DEN                GreyWind
  21  DET                TennisPlayerAndy
  22  MIA                GG.exe
  23  NYG                BeinPurplenGreen
  24  OAK                Chewy316
  25  HOU                bgt2110
  26  SEA                gaskin
  27  KCC                Blacky
  28  DAL                Dixie Flatline
  29  GBP                GreyWind
  30  PIT                Gridiron Warrior
  31  ATL                quotemokc
  32  NEP                Monocle

LAR Ram-Man
MIN Sven

BeinPurplenGreen and myself currently have three teams (SF, NOS and NYG for BeinPurplenGreen and NYJ, PHI and DAL for myself). I would like to relinquish one of the Eagles or the Cowboys in particular, so feel free to put up your hand for it.

Free agency commences soon, so I propose to start the mock draft on Tuesday, 14 March (Monday is a public holiday in Victoria). I'll shortly put up the mock draft board thread and I hope Blacky can make it a sticky. The rules of the draft will be set out in that thread, but the draft will proceed reasonably consistently with past years (eg., post the player's name, position and school, preferably with a photo and a quick description of him and why you're selecting him).

Player trades are not permitted, but mock GMs can draft trade picks in this year's draft (eg., future picks cannot be traded).

And a quick reminder that the NFL changed the rules regarding compensatory picks so that they are also tradeable.
As the other dictatorial board mod, lemme point out that the Iggles have pick #14 (they won the great coin toss of 2017 last Friday, consigning Indy to yet another loss...).

Thanks for organising Dixie Flatline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don;t post a whole lot on Bigfoot, but I have done this Mock Draft the last two years. I know I'm late to the party, but if anyone with two teams wants less responsibility, happy to take a team off their hands.
KC is all yours

Draft tricycle haz arrived!!

098-500-fb.gif

Question is do I trade down and join the hordes looking for basement value:
039-500-fb.gif

Or stay where I am and go 'round in circles (I am supposed to be mimicking the 49ers after all)...

038-512-fb.gif

Dixie Flatline Thread please?

Also maybe a quick recap for those that haven't participated before. Are we:
  1. Aiming to get as close to the same results as the actual draft by the team we are picking for (ie accurate prediction of team drafting approach);
  2. Trying to pick the most high ranked players (regardless of what the team we are representing actually does in the real draft);
  3. Trying to wind up with the most picks (even if we waste them on prospects who don't get drafted, we get points for having extra picks); or
  4. Pursuing some other purpose (besides giving fuey a chance to exercise his vocabulary of disdain and scorn)...

1. Pursuing some other purpose (besides giving fuey a chance to exercise his vocabulary of disdain and scorn)...

Well, that's going to be part and parcel for 1, 2 or 3... and quite an extensive vocabulary it is also!

I'm good to go, though. Just waiting on the thread... But I won't be able to post until tonight...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back