Peptides! 2017 Round 1 Essendon Vs Hawthorn, #Roughyisback

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry to be a wet blanket but......

Hartung and Langford do not inspire me with confidence.

Durea's JLT form was horrific

A good, ordinary player like Henderson walking into our best 22 on 1 good half of a praccy game?

Hmmm.....

Geez i hope im wrong like normal.
Duryea was ordinary. Hartung also fails to fill me with confidence. However, I saw enough to feel Langford 2014 might be back. Regardless, we need his physicality.

Duryea was ordinary. Hartung also fails to fill me with confidence. However, I saw enough to feel Langford 2014 might be back. Regardless, we need his physicality.
We know what we'll get from langers.
He'll try his guts out, tackle like a madman and shank it forward 90% of the time.
If he can kick a goal or 2 it will be a positive.
Maybe a run with role?

Sorry to be a wet blanket but......

Hartung and Langford do not inspire me with confidence.

Durea's JLT form was horrific

A good, ordinary player like Henderson walking into our best 22 on 1 good half of a praccy game?

Hmmm.....

Geez i hope im wrong like normal.

If Mzungu can walk into GWS side im not so concerned.

Coaches seem to have gone with experience for rd1, kids will get there chance

had a feeling when we picked him up that we'd see a fair bit of Hendo this year, hell if we think we can make use of Ty what makes Hendo any different?

he's got a skill set we can use, he can play on the halfback line and give us run
he can play on the wing and give us run
he can go forward and kick a goal

Smith tried to do all those things by himself last year as well as play on ball, Hendo has the ability to make us a better team

good average players are fine, you need them, you need enough a grade talent to lift them up though, that's why we went and got O'Meara and possibly Mitchell

that's why we need another one or two this offseason and hope that one of our kids like Burton or Sicily or Howe shows enough this year as well

Since free agency has come in, only 2 new recruits have NOT played round 1 for Hawthorn and they are Fritzel, who was traded for the last pick in the draft, so essentially a delisted free agent, and Simpkin.

All Henderson had to do was not get injured and he was in the first 4 players picked for tomorrow night.

We know what we'll get from langers.
He'll try his guts out, tackle like a madman and shank it forward 90% of the time.
If he can kick a goal or 2 it will be a positive.
Maybe a run with role?
Run with role who can snag a goal or two would be perfect.

Since free agency has come in, only 2 new recruits have NOT played round 1 for Hawthorn and they are Fritzel, who was traded for the last pick in the draft, so essentially a delisted free agent, and Simpkin.

All Henderson had to do was not get injured and he was in the first 4 players picked for tomorrow night.
And Fitz hurt his knee in preseason last year or they probably would have played him forward round one with Rough out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the same thing - and then thought about having Whitecross, Stewart, Miles, Burton all staking decent claims to come back and hopefully Howe and Brand to press for selection as they get some time on the park at Box Hill. Then there's Lovell who probably needs to develop a bit more but can be called upon and also if O'Rourke can finally get those hamstrings right and make a play at being available at selection in the middle of the year. This talk of our depth being poor is a little premature really.
Pretty much all those players you mentioned with the exception of whitecross show potential but have done absolutely nothing at afl. Previous years our depth included guys with proven track record of being able to do a job. Simpkin, spangher, cheney, Langford, Ceglar, while not superstars could be absolutely trusted to play their role.
These Youngsters while many of them are more talented than simpkin and co and could very well become 200 game b&f winners they could also become Mitch Thorp.

They need to get games and develop, it takes about 50 games for most to establish themselves in a role, adjust to afl pace and become confident in being able to really contribute not just get 10 touches and a pat on the back. It's at this stage we hope they can become consistent and really start improving their flaws so at 100 games they are legitimate AFL players and influencing and winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back