2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomlinson is a good get. Will increase the flow of our ball movement whilst also adding another intercepting, mobile tall to complement Roberton and Carlisle who are also good users of the ball. Add this with the natural improvement of Webster/White and the solid second half of the year that Savage had our backline looks potent, with strengths in marking and ball distribution. Brown and Goddard are there fro back up only
Once GWS receive the likely second round picks for Smith and Kennedy, this can be on traded to us in return with Tomlinson for pick 8, with the potential for GWS 2018 second/third rounder as well. Throw in some steak knives like Lonie/Hickey/ Minch and this looks reasonable for both sides. In essence we trade pick 8 and Lonie/Minch/Hickey whilst gaining Tomlinson, and strengthening our current second rounds for 2017/2018. Use pick 7 on Cerra/Coffield/Bonor/Higgins and thats a solid trade period IMO. Thoughts??

This board when we do anything other than get Kelly
giphy.gif

If a club get a boner for Bonar on his draft results and believe that the knee recovery has hampered his playing capabilities then we may see a push of a few back to us. Rayner, CDU, Dow, Stephenson, what do Freo and Coll do..best tall, or maybe Bonar leaves the door open for Cerra & Coffield which would by all accounts be an excellent result..

Trading Tomlinson for 8 may well be not lead to the most desirable result. Not sure how we manufacture Tomlinson without using 7 or 8 at this stage unless there is a McEvoy trade looming.

BTW I have no inside info, just tossing it out there.
I reckon Collingwood will be campaigners and will pick Coffield

They need talls but pick 6 for Balta by all accounts is a reach and if he's a spud I don't think they can handle the backlash.

I'm riding hard for Boner as well tbh. Haven't noticed him at all this year but if everyone else here rates him than so do I. Also we have to pick Cerra

If the Bombers get the 3 S's they are going to have to pay say $1.5M to get them. Assuming they have some space in their salary cap (cannot believe that is the case as they would have to have paid top dollar as a sign of goodwill to satisfy the rage of what they did to their drug cheat players) Therefore they may have to trade a player and/or fork out draft picks or not all 3 Ss will get to Bomberland and may have to look elsewhere.

BTW those three players, Stringer, Saad, Smith woudl make them scary better.
They have the cap space wont be an issue got plenty of overpayed delistmentings

but it's looking to be another year without a star in our midfield. Anti-climactic.
At least we won't die not knowing that the club will be doing everything within it's powers(and the prevailing circumstances) to achieve this and any other requirement that they have identified.

I like the idea of Tomlinson now that Rooey has hung up the boots. Won't he play the Riewoldt role on the wing? I know his endurance is up there with Roo's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on Balic, what would Fremantle want for him - or it could be steak knifes for Wilson (Freo has picks 5 and 40) and then passed to us for Tomlinson for 8 and Balic

Be interesting what Freo give up to GWS for Wilson
Fremantle could give up pick 5 for 2 picks in the teens a lot of wheeling and dealing to be done

Too many people underestimate our mid field it’s fine need speed on outside not inside & probably on 1 wing as well as Sinclair has locked down 1 of them. My thoughts are Newnes is becoming surplus to our needs where does he fit in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tbh i agree with newnes but would move him into that QB role that joey played... he's a proper campaigner newnesy and would be a good move for us

I agree but in Dmac's defence he's never been given a proper run at it.

He could be a crab or he could just be extremely nervous about keeping his place.

He has a lot of great traits that translate well to AFL, he just needs a 10 game block where no matter what he's keeping his spot and then we can see whether he's going to make it.

I rated most of his games this year apart from the Essendon game obviously. He marked the contested ball well but dropped uncontested marks. He just seemed nervous and not at the pace for AFL yet. During the Richmond game he played a nervy game, he sucked in the Essendon game and honestly was very good in the Port game which was extremely scrappy.

After that for some reason didn't get a look in after that.

I know what you mean but you don't move on a best 22 for someone who still needs to establish themselves. I like DMac don't get me wrong, he's just not there yet.

I wouldn't of thought our defense is our biggest issue?
No taking the piss mate although Tomlinson is capable of playing defence or up on a wing.
Could fill the Reiwoldt role.

Really need outside run. Kelly or Gaff would have been ideal.

If we get Tomlinson we need to keep at least 7 to get the best mid possible.

Hopefully Freeman also finally comes good.

On the newnes stuff - I'm not quite sure where his best position is. He has filled a need for us on the wing well but a permanent back (or even Weller role) may be better. He gives his all so I will always like him.

In my opinion our search for a speedy, meters gain wing/outside mid is already in the team. Don't see why we don't let savage play a year there and settle in rather than bouncing him between the Magoo's and the backline. Unless we land a gaff type somehow it's a good option.

And on Gaff I'm not sure how people aren't keen on him, if our coaches can't turn an AA mid who covers more distance in games than anyone into the sort of two way running player we are after then we will never have one lol

I like the idea of Tomlinson now that Rooey has hung up the boots. Won't he play the Riewoldt role on the wing? I know his endurance is up there with Roo's.
Geary Brown Webster
Roberton Carlisle Tomlinson
Sinclair Steele Acres
Billings McCartin Newnes
Membery Bruce Gresham

Longer Armitage Steven

Dunstan / Stevens / Webster / Gilbert / Freeman / Weller / White / DMac / Hickey / Marshall / Savage

Still need some more mids

Imagine a Shiel or Gaff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back