2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Bris aren't going to get a pick 2 and a high second rounder for schache. Just not going to happen.

Depending on what club he asks to be traded to and the position of their 1st pick will decide what else they add to the deal. They won't spend trading up then add in a high second. No team will have what you're asking for nor be willing to mortgage everything they have to obtain it.

There's no indication that Schache wants to leave. Everything is speculation and innuendo apart from the one article from AFL dot com that quoted his manager. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-22/outofcontract-josh-schache-not-rushing-into-new-deal

As other have mentioned, if Schache does decide to leave the Lions are in a position of strength to negotiate hardball.

Schofield is a bit like Dunn - experienced and has something to offer to clubs but is being kept out of the team for a younger type and thus has no trade value. If he were to leave, it would be for a small upgrade in the back half of the draft I imagine.

Schofield is better than Dunn ever was and ever will be.

Brisbane fans wouldn't get what they want.

If he nominates a team there first and second this year might get it done if they are around the 10th - 18th region.

I like Broomhead. Has some talent but as pointed out earlier his deficiencies are keeping him from a spot in the 22. I think port could do with another players who has good speed and a decent kick to play wing-half forward. If he could put it together, he would be an upgrade on amon. But wouldnt give more than a third rounder. Not after being burned by Toumpas

There's no indication that Schache wants to leave. Everything is speculation and innuendo apart from the one article from AFL dot com that quoted his manager. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-22/outofcontract-josh-schache-not-rushing-into-new-deal

As other have mentioned, if Schache does decide to leave the Lions are in a position of strength to negotiate hardball.

At least Brisbane are getting that young key forward from your academy, though he hasn't looked as impressive in 2017 as he did in 2016, and it also means a wasted 2 years on Schache's development, 2 years that some other club will most certainly benefit from when Schache comes good when he hits 22 or 23.

Essendon's 2nd rounder for Zac Jones.

Pass thanks. He is worth where he is drafted at basically give and take a couple of positions each way. We are not taking pick 30 for Jones! That would be lunacy and I'd be calling for the recruiters heads.

At least Brisbane are getting that young key forward from your academy, though he hasn't looked as impressive in 2017 as he did in 2016, and it also means a wasted 2 years on Schache's development, 2 years that some other club will most certainly benefit from when Schache comes good when he hits 22 or 23.
Ballenden was played out of position a bit, in defence which he's not suited to, in a couple of the games that he played. Dan Merrett was on our fan podcast this week, and he has a bit to do with our academy, and he mentioned about playing kids out of their normal positions to "hide" them from opposition scouts. This was mainly in reference to a highly rated KPD (Jack Payne) in our academy.

Will be interesting to see where our kids who are picked in the Allies team are played, and if a couple are picked more on their reputation than current form.

Depending on how high Ballenden is rated and bid on, he could be chewing up the pick we traded in from Port and a fair chunk of our 2nd round pick as well. From a fans perspective, it will be better if Ballenden is bid on after the pick we get from Port. So two first round picks, plus Ballenden and Payne would be a good result for us.

You've got a couple of highly rated kids in your academy for next year I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our second round pick will end up being around the 21 mark...

He was drafted at 15, upgrade that 2nd to a late first then maybe.

If he leaves for Victoria it will be to Melbourne anyway and that's good- I really don't want Dodoro to be involved he takes forever.

He will probably stay anyway

He was drafted at 15, upgrade that 2nd to a late first then maybe.

If he leaves for Victoria it will be to Melbourne anyway and that's good- I really don't want Dodoro to be involved he takes forever.

He will probably stay anyway

Wouldn't be surprised if we went hard, he is Hardwicks type of player.

Pick 16 could do it.

Kreuzer and Gibbs to Gold Coast for picks 7 + 22 with pick 39 going the other way

Pick 57 to North for Preuss

national Draft 5 + 7 + 22 and we are done = Fogarty, Uniacke + Garner and we call it a day.... ok I can wake up now

Cant see that happening for so many reasons

You never know - GCS with Ablett apparently retiring get two players with in prime star quality... the boys wont want to leave I agree.. but I am looking to the future

You never know - GCS with Ablett apparently retiring get two players with in prime star quality... the boys wont want to leave I agree.. but I am looking to the future
They wont want kreuzer, potentially gibbs, and i think no chance north would give u preuss for pick 57

Remove this Banner Ad

Back