Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

So R12 Trades will be dependant on too many factors that the spreadsheet needs a Quantum Computer to do the formulas.
And every time I look at it the Cat disappears.

Two serious targets are Sicily (R14 bye not good for me) and Macrae (R15 bye which is ok for now), sucks I could have bought these guys at healthy discounts 3 weeks ago but had bigger fish (more expensive) to fry.
So only one will be in first bye week and other will have to wait for end of byes.
Gonna take two ( 2 downs 1 Ups) now to get both ( 6 Trades total). Unless I go back to the hell of more sideways trades and further away from completing side.

Rookies out could be a mix of R12 bye players like Wilmont, Sharp, Bytel (not worth it seeing I’ve lost so much cash here can only hope he gets a good run 2nd half of season) and finally Ashcroft (who I think handcuffed with someone like Wardlaw is ok to fantastic for M8/M9 til late season) but his cash is tempting to take and run.

Fixing up DPP positions over byes with loops and coverage is also needed. All are there just not in their usable positions.
D/M’s all locked into Defence and
The same with F/M’s.
D/F’s ok for now but that may change and become landlocked if trades force switches and one may become upgrade fodder.

Like everyone else banking future upgrades on the two Norf Boys.
I’m sure this will be the last time that will be mentioned in the next week.
Either as a vent (bloody Norf boys destroyed my upgrade plans) or glory (these guys are jets and are must haves). But hoping for some to read then listen without repeating the same thing over and over is just wishful thinking. Very Dunning-Kruger.

I think my choice to Hold Oliver will mean missing at least one FWD and one DEF top 6 premo and looking for right time right place value to fill.
The cost of going for the big boys in Midfield and Ruck. May mean Rookies or Mid-Pricer’s holding down D5/6/7 & M8/9 & F5/6/7.
As injuries, stubbornness and too many bad starting players have forced my hand.

Sorry for my rants (plural).

Think i have to hold Cripps and hope he bounces back to a serviceable m8. Will struggle to complete my team otherwise. If Chandler doesnt lose too much $ might be able to go him and Simpson JS to Darcy Cameron and Wardlaw. Possibly a 3rd trade to bring Ford in. That would leave me with 10 trades and 4 onfield positions to upgrade. Just have to hope for no injuries after the byes.

I’ll wait for injury report on Darcy hamstring.

Freo have the bye next weekend, then it’s friendly round 13 bye so may hold.

Will depend on what else happens Re Oliver and rookies.

Of course Darcy does his hammy the week before his bye, with a readymade cashcow of the juiciest order in the wings, who is in sh!t-hot form with a fantastic bye. Dream scenario for a ruck premo injury. What a burnman of the highest order for those who traded him out earlier this year 🤬🤬🤬. Absolute kent!! Gah, I’m choking on my own rage here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll just have to hold Darcy I think.
Bye next week and then the 2 team RD 13 bye which is easily covered so there’s 2-3 weeks of recovery before it even really affects, maybe hopefully only misses one more after that, was planning on trading Ryan next week but might just hold him and cover Darcy for the X amount of weeks out, just gotta hope he doesn’t give me a 20 and bleed cash in the mean time.

Hopefully ford and wardlaw next week pending any other injuries, or maybe just one of them.

Sicily looking at a week suspension is very annoying, such a disappointing carnage year, never ends!

Need to see if Seamus Mitchell is injured.

If Wardlaw and Ford do well again, then they're both must haves.

I might get Briggs too.

So if Seamus is injured, and if Ford and Wardlaw do well, then I'll do:

Ashcroft, Seamus, dead rookie
To
Briggs, Wardlaw, Ford

He made the never again list for me.
Friends Strength GIF by Calvin Klein

He made the never again list for me.
Fair enough, ive punted him from my team the last 2 years. This year i thought he looked good but wasn't getting the love (90ave), and then had to fill in as a KPD and got a concussion. He's come back from the concussion in ripping form and getting the love from CD. I already grabbed Redman on the cheap so was looking at Stewart as my last addition to the back 6. Gonna cost at least 100k more than Ridley, Young, Dale types and its harder to complete the team this year so will have to think about it

Need to see if Seamus Mitchell is injured.

If Wardlaw and Ford do well again, then they're both must haves.

I might get Briggs too.

So if Seamus is injured, and if Ford and Wardlaw do well, then I'll do:

Ashcroft, Seamus, dead rookie
To
Briggs, Wardlaw, Ford
Sam Mitchell said in his presser there was no injuries, though where it happened late he might have only referred to Brockman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back