Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Twomey also saying we're prepared to trade our first this year
If we finish bottom 4 I would be very surprised if we offered our first in a trade for Baz. A future first much more likely.

In saying that, if we finish higher than that I can conceivably see us offering our first considering father sons/academy picks will bump back our pick a few spots.

If we finish bottom 4 I would be very surprised if we offered our first in a trade for Baz. A future first much more likely.

In saying that, if we finish higher than that I can conceivably see us offering our first considering father sons/academy picks will bump back our pick a few spots.
If we finish bottom (not likely) or second bottom behind WCE (possible, but hopefully not) Dogs will have very little bargaining power.. not suggesting we threaten PSD but it leaves us in a good position to get him for a better deal..
I’d hate to give up a top four pick for a player coming off an ACL, even if there was a sweetener coming back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I love Dimma if it meant the club got a great compo pick you'd have to let it happen.
Dimma's great, but no one is offering enough to trigger band 1, which is the only compo pick you'd consider losing him for.

As much as I love Dimma if it meant the club got a great compo pick you'd have to let it happen.
If the formula worked for an after first round pick you do what Melbourne did with Frawley.

I'm not sure that it'll work out like that, and it's probably a 90% chance we go the rest of the year undefeated so only get pick 18.

Clubs seem to be paying overs to get F/A though.
They're paying overs for KPPs as there's a shortage of half decent ones getting around. No-one is going to throw money at a small defender, even a great one like Hardwick.

They're paying overs for KPPs as there's a shortage of half decent ones getting around. No-one is going to throw money at a small defender, even a great one like Hardwick.
Exactly it. The only clubs that would prioritise targeting a small defender are clubs that have all the main list needs covered (ie. midfielders, ruck, KPP). But they are also the clubs that have salary cap pressure. And even when they do find themselves with cap space they tend to just add depth to those main areas anyway.

Split our first round pick this year:

• One of them goes to WB for Smith
  • One of them goes to GEE for Holmes

2x outside class players (as we've officially acknowledged we need to address) for the price of one first round pick.

So much cash to spend, may as well use it to get players to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back