List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope he heads to the Suns. Good trainer and from all reports professional. But yeah.. he ain't no inside mid and he ain't got the skills to play outside. I think he would suit the Suns well and would re-join his brother but unsure if Jerry would appreciate playing in Tom's shadow.
Bit harsh on someone that has played 130 plus games for the club. Also don’t forget no one wanted to stay at the club a few years ago and when the go home five left berry was the first one that signed. Everyone else followed. Don’t discount the affect that he has had n the culture of the club over the last few years. Certainly doesn’t need to be mocked on hear by key board warriors.

Bit harsh on someone that has played 130 plus games for the club. Also don’t forget no one wanted to stay at the club a few years ago and when the go home five left berry was the first one that signed. Everyone else followed. Don’t discount the affect that he has had n the culture of the club over the last few years. Certainly doesn’t need to be mocked on hear by key board warriors.
Cool story if the go home five didn’t leave two years before Berry even joined the club.🙄

I think the mood around the place had changed significantly once Bez signed.

Going to be interesting what happens with him contract wise. I wonder who would be after him ?

You’ve completely misunderstood his post
How; they said “also don’t forget no one wanted to stay at the club a few years ago and when the go home five left berry was the first one that signed.”

How could Berry have been one of the first ones to sign when a he wasn’t even at the club when the go home five left being two years later and b when he was drafted, kids don’t technically sign until there second contract, so that’s like 3 years after the go home five.

What have I misunderstood if I’m reading there post as it’s been written?

Correct, and he was the first of the new breed sign after his rookie deal, then hugh etc followed, do your homework
Well perhaps if you posted in a manner that said Berry was one of the first to sign from his draft class years after the go home five left then I wouldn’t have misunderstood.

How; they said “also don’t forget no one wanted to stay at the club a few years ago and when the go home five left berry was the first one that signed.”

How could Berry have been one of the first ones to sign when a he wasn’t even at the club when the go home five left being two years later and b when he was drafted, kids don’t technically sign until there second contract, so that’s like 3 years after the go home five.

First young gun who committed to the club long term

Also don’t forget no one wanted to stay at the club a few years ago and when the go home five left berry was the first one that signed.

I think the above was perhaps a bit awkwardly worded, but the spirit of what they said was pretty clear.

Berry was the first young draftee to commit and he did it super early into his first season. It was absolutely a watershed moment for the club.

I can see how you read what they said the way you did but it’s clear now what they meant right?

Hope he heads to the Suns. Good trainer and from all reports professional. But yeah.. he ain't no inside mid and he ain't got the skills to play outside. I think he would suit the Suns well and would re-join his brother but unsure if Jerry would appreciate playing in Tom's shadow.
Just curious, why do you think he would suit Suns well? IMO, Berry would not make inside mids and he's just average outside on the wing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the above was perhaps a bit awkwardly worded, but the spirit of what they said was pretty clear.

Berry was the first young draftee to commit and he did it super early into his first season. It was absolutely a watershed moment for the club.

I can see how you read what they said the way you did but it’s clear now what they meant right?
It is now, but initially it wasn’t. I also wasn’t denying that Berry signing at the time was anything but good news given his early promise.

Harsh? I was thinking more for his career. Fagans pets of which Berry is a member are being scrutinised and if we are bottom 8 halfway through the year I’d suspect these pets will finally be made accountable. He’s not skilled, limited football brain but a great athlete. He can play a role but when you have youth that are performing well enough for a call up you have to ask questions. Is Berry doing enough to warrant a spot? At this stage he probably is but you get 1 good game every 4 with him.

Let him walk to a club on the up and I think he will have potential to have a longer career at another club than Lions. Suns could do with a hard at it winger for a few years whilst they develop youth. IMO

Regarding changes to the academy bidding in future drafts.

I would hope any changes would be effective in future years in which future draft picks have not already been exchanged as there are a bounty of trades that have already occurred which I’m sure clubs made in line with the existing draft structure.

Though the AFL is full of surprises.

Regarding changes to the academy bidding in future drafts.

I would hope any changes would be effective in future years in which future draft picks have not already been exchanged as there are a bounty of trades that have already occurred which I’m sure clubs made in line with the existing draft structure.

Though the AFL is full of surprises.
There won’t be any changes brought in to effect this draft.

However, before the trade period starts this year, the AFL will announce what changes they will introduce, effective 2025.

That way clubs can plan their trade and draft period for this year and next, knowing the requirements for next year.

p.s I am expecting such changes to be announced 1 to 3 days before the trade period begins, so we have next to no chance of adequately plan a two year draft and trade strategy.

There won’t be any changes brought in to effect this draft.

However, before the trade period starts this year, the AFL will announce what changes they will introduce, effective 2025.

That way clubs can plan their trade and draft period for this year and next, knowing the requirements for next year.

p.s I am expecting such changes to be announced 1 to 3 days before the trade period begins, so we have next to no chance of adequately plan a two year draft and trade strategy.
Although the clubs will know well before we do.

Berry was a great signing when he extended early and it was exciting with the potential and work ethic he seemed to possess but things change. He hasn’t delivered on that promise, he’s stagnated. Unfortunately he isn’t the only one and to me, that shines a spotlight on coaching yet again.
Whilst I don't disagree that a lot of our players haven't come on as well as we would've liked, I do think a lot of the issues with regards to Berry's development simply comes back to his shoulders being rooted. He showed how he could perform in the midfield with that epic semifinal against Melbourne. Unfortunately, it seems his body won't allow him to play that role consistently, probably for his whole career.

Last edited:
Whilst I don't disagree that a lot of our players haven't come on as well as we would've liked, I do think a lot of the issues with regards to Berry's development simply comes back to his shoulders being rooted. He showed how he could perform in the midfield with that epic semifinal against Melbourne, unfortunately it seems his body won't allow him to play that role consistently, probably for his whole career.
I agree massively with this. He looked very good in his early days in the middle as our big mid. At some point he was performing better than Clugg as well as being talked up as such a solid leader and potential captain. Injuries killed that off so much potential for him. He honestly has done well to change himself to play a different role for so long and get the most out of what his body can do

Back