List Mgmt. 3 more sign on

Remove this Banner Ad

Add me to the list that think Hannath could be a forward option. With Taberner/Apeness still young and Keps/Gumby struggling I'd give him a shot. I guess the coaching staff would be worried about the lack of defensive pressure from Pav AND Hannath. This is where we need both of Walters/Ballas in the side and Deboer/Mayne in top form.
Hannath can't read the flight of the ball (yet). To think he can be a forward option that creates a contest and brings the ball to ground isn't going to happen (yet). This was highlighted in the drawn Sydney game where he only had to punch the ball through, yet he was nowhere near it. He's ok on the lead, as players at this level are good enough to hit him and he seems to have good hands from what I've seen. Maybe some of the WAFL regulars could confirm/deny this?

Hmm, doesn't bode well for Griff which is unfortunate – I think he should be our second ruck

At least he trained to play on smalls as well when I remember it right...
He might have had to regardless - he had some weird infection that hospitalised him and made him lose a lot of weight/fitness
He was rebuilt with the intention of playing on larger bodies: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2012-08-14/lyon-sees-rebuilt-silvagni-in-freos-future
2012, though. One thing about him is that he is injured often, and usually at the worst time, i.e. just as he's building momentum or as an opportunity opened up that he would have benefited from.

He was rebuilt with the intention of playing on larger bodies: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2012-08-14/lyon-sees-rebuilt-silvagni-in-freos-future
2012, though. One thing about him is that he is injured often, and usually at the worst time, i.e. just as he's building momentum or as an opportunity opened up that he would have benefited from.

We'll hope his injuries start to become a thing of the past.A few of Scos's injuries have resulted from him being so bloody courageous.

Must say I'm pretty pleased with all of this.

Snos and spur were must-haves in my book, both these guys are harder than a mother's resolve, and Snos in particular I think could go up another level or two with regular games. There's a growing maturity to his game that seen on occasion, which I really like the look of.

Hannath I thought could be okay but I felt sure he would be traded - I keep forgetting Griff has been in the system a while and is in the second half of his career, so having hannath stick around is a plus.

Don't know if my fellow BFers are right about the forward option bit, we will find out with time. I do think hannath could be one of the best field kicks out of all our current ruckmen eventually... Every now and then when I watch him play I get the feeling he might be *very* composed with ball in hand as he matures - hopefully he gets plenty of opportunity to surprise us all once sandi hangs up the boots.

I was being facetious with the Griffin to GWS trade, although Mumford is no spring chicken and I am not sure who else they have.

With the Eagles tapping Cox on the shoulder so they can convince Lycett to stay I wonder if Port might come chasing Griffin if Lycett re-signs with the slime.
Having played for Adelaide before Griffin might have learnt to tolerate the place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back