Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the best game i've seen him play for the club. Whatever position or instructions Crocker is giving him it's working so lets hope Scotts learns a thing or 2.

Got more coaches votes than the bloke who just broke the hit out record.

Despite an AFL record 80 hit-outs against the Giants, Todd Goldstein was not voted as best-on-ground by the two coaches.

That honour went to Jamie Macmillan; his 29 disposals and three goals earning the 23 year old nine out of a possible 10 votes. It was the first votes for Macmillan in 2015.

Despite an AFL record 80 hit-outs against the Giants, Todd Goldstein was not voted as best-on-ground by the two coaches.

That honour went to Jamie Macmillan; his 29 disposals and three goals earning the 23 year old nine out of a possible 10 votes. It was the first votes for Macmillan in 2015.

Today's 29 touches equate to 20 from the 1990's.. still got a high average efficiency. Credit to him. Only reason I left him off my votes = ZERO tackles in a slogging game. Can't be a Down Hill skier for one week of the year (only votes of the season so far). Swallow caught my eye with his hard work that went unnoticed.

29 out of 80 :)
The highest hit out to advantage rate for leading rucks in 2014 was Sam Jacobs with 33% to advantage over the course of the year.

Goldy went at 36.25% on the weekend, which is an excellent return.

Was Sam Jacobs playing against a 3rd string ruckman?.
Doubt it.

I also doubt that he was playing to an overly congested defensive midfield set up by the opposition so that they could counter the ruck dominance and limit the effective hitouts.

Today's 29 touches equate to 20 from the 1990's.. still got a high average efficiency. Credit to him. Only reason I left him off my votes = ZERO tackles in a slogging game. Can't be a Down Hill skier for one week of the year (only votes of the season so far). Swallow caught my eye with his hard work that went unnoticed.

but you are aware, of course, that the statistic Tackle has a specific definition and your implication that he didn't tackle anyone, in the common parlance of the BF poster is just wrong as he obviously tackled someone - the cracker tackle he applied (in Q1 was it on the wing? ) is wot we posters consider a tackle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but you are aware, of course, that the statistic Tackle has a specific definition and your implication that he didn't tackle anyone, in the common parlance of the BF poster is just wrong as he obviously tackled someone - the cracker tackle he applied (in Q1 was it on the wing? ) is wot we posters consider a tackle

Even so Reginald0, one 'vote catching game' doesn't certify he has 'arrived'. I'd like to see more impact footy by MacMillian. He is two games shy of Levi Greenwood's 74 games.. still 250 disposals behind LG. The only two worthwhile stats that MacMillian has over LG is Rebound 50's, 1%ers and uncontested possessions. Long way to go for Jamie before he makes his mark. It's his fifth season. Needs to start STAMPING his mark on the game by now. No more Houdini games. We have enough passengers on any given day.

For the record: LG tackles: 325 Jmac 139. Andrew Swallow is the all time leading North tackler: 1124 (nearly 250 clear of Simmo).

Last edited:
Todd on the sunday footy show:

"He's (JMAC) got a lot of respect amongst the boys, theres a reason he's in the leadership group. He's one thats always stood up and voiced his opinion and set the direction this club is going in."

The highest hit out to advantage rate for leading rucks in 2014 was Sam Jacobs with 33% to advantage over the course of the year.

Goldy went at 36.25% on the weekend, which is an excellent return.

Yep, ridiculous stat. Seeing 8-10 hit outs to advantage use to be an excellent return for ruckman!

This guy could be our version of Elliot Yeo, minus the overhead marking. I like that he can fit between defence and midfield. If he could develop a consistent level and occasionally hit the ceiling then he could be going places.

Todd on the sunday footy show:

"He's (JMAC) got a lot of respect amongst the boys, theres a reason he's in the leadership group. He's one thats always stood up and voiced his opinion and set the direction this club is going in."

It's easy when the team isn't flying to be cynical, but the bold part doesn't necessarily have to be seen as a positive.

Just loves to talk a lot.

Yeah well, kind of. I mean anytime a team that hasn't delivered sh*t for 20 years has players stating that so and so is one of their driving forces I see that as more of a dagger in the back than a compliment. :D

Look, I'm not a hater by any means and thought he was in great form last year before his injury but he is - as with several of our players - so far from a "lock" that it would be funny if it wasn't scary.. He had a great game on the weekend but I'm kind of with Woodson on this one. Kicked two ripping goals that when I was a young lad we would have described as "arse". Good kicking is good footy, make no bones about it, I've gotten stuck into Petrie because he misses too many soda's recently and would be a hypocrite not to be happy with JMac but can't help but feel that he was two arsey goals away from simply an ok game. I just can't see him regularly kicking that type or that many goals so he needs to do more of the other stuff. My 2c.

Yeah well, kind of. I mean anytime a team that hasn't delivered sh*t for 20 years has players stating that so and so is one of their driving forces I see that as more of a dagger in the back than a compliment. :D

Look, I'm not a hater by any means and thought he was in great form last year before his injury but he is - as with several of our players - so far from a "lock" that it would be funny if it wasn't scary.. He had a great game on the weekend but I'm kind of with Woodson on this one. Kicked two ripping goals that when I was a young lad we would have described as "arse". Good kicking is good footy, make no bones about it, I've gotten stuck into Petrie because he misses too many soda's recently and would be a hypocrite not to be happy with JMac but can't help but feel that he was two arsey goals away from simply an ok game. I just can't see him regularly kicking that type or that many goals so he needs to do more of the other stuff. My 2c.
They were not "arsey" they were classy...

They were not "arsey" they were classy...

That's kind of my point. When Boomer does it its classy because he does it 9 times out of 10. Not sure Jmac has the same credits yet. He bought some though and good on him. He had a great game and I'm not trying to poo poo that. But in classic footy parlance, its still only 4 points.

That's kind of my point. When Boomer does it its classy because he does it 9 times out of 10. Not sure Jmac has the same credits yet. He bought some though and good on him. He had a great game and I'm not trying to poo poo that. But in classic footy parlance, its still only 4 points.

You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back