News Adelaide Oval Redevelopment - Thunderbirds Are Go

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think they could break 54,115 at the football. 53,500 capacity doesn't include any of the standing room in west/south and east stands as far as I'm aware.

Not sure if they'd ever sell general admission tickets over the 3500 capacity of the hill, but I think it could be done.

All and I mean all the corporates have to turn eg the 32 x 18 people boxes, the 12,10 and 8 people boxes, the function rooms, Port, Crows, the SANFL and SACA have control of, there is about 2,500 and all of the 1,455 Stadium Club members and all the SMA members have to turn up for that to happen.

All and I mean all the corporates have to turn eg the 32 x 18 people boxes, the 12,10 and 8 people boxes, the function rooms, Port, Crows, the SANFL and SACA have control of, there is about 2,500 and all of the 1,455 Stadium Club members and all the SMA members have to turn up for that to happen.

Even at the Port v Carlton 52,500 game, the Audi club still looked less than 70% full.

On a different note, how did we end up financially in 2014?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From adelaide oval nobody knows.

The financial year ends 31st October.
I would have thought we would clean up on memberships,apparel etc but still pulled back with the oval no matter how full it is/Too many with hands in the cookie jar there one thinks? Not that I would have any idea though.

Here is some idea as the catering for the Stones concert was in the paper today page 16. Supposedly 55,000 - 60,000 expected. They dont say how many beers are expected to be sold - kegs or cups. You add the $$ per item listed below. Meals probably are around $100.

View attachment 89103
Bought two beers (small plastic cups) in the Phil Ridings Bar while waiting for hospitality area to open, $19 :eek:

Does anyone have any credible information on public transport patronage to Adelaide Oval? REH you might be able to help me out with this one?

I have no info. Ring the SMA if you really want to know.

surely a home Prelim is the best chance of that?

surely a home Prelim is the best chance of that?

Yeah you would think so - but not everyone is prepared to pay $170 for a PF. Even the cheapesf tickets at $100 would be snapped up by people who have right to buy $170 seats.

Not everyone is able to pay $170 either.

If I lived in Oz still, that works out to a $400 outing for me and Mrs P to see a home prelim, once you pay for food and beverage etc. That's a lot of coin.

Some pictures via twitter

B04AYQECQAAxEsy.jpg:large

B01eK9aCMAE4jeA.jpg:large

Remove this Banner Ad

Back