AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 'R' word has more than one meaning. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. My feeling is he used the word as a means of saying delayed rather than a nasty reference to someone with a physical or mental disability.

I believe Razor Ray was using the word '******ed' in the correct sense, and not the offensive one

“Let me explain, we get this *ed chime which is meant to go simultaneously with the siren. I heard that go in my ear, that’s why I blew it."

if he said it in the "non offensive" manner, then the chime would have gone after the stadium siren. :confused:

I don't see how anyone could think Chamberlain was using the 'r' word in any way but the derogatory term... Not that I think anything should really come of it because I don't think the umps should be mic'ed up in the first place - the last thing he should be having to think about out on the footy field is whether or not the TV channel is picking up what he is saying to the players...

BT is an idiot and a throwback - Anyone who just thinks the reaction is 'PC going to far' is as much of an idiot at BT - It's about common decency and politeness in society... the he was "just having a laugh" crew should grow up and realise that taking the piss out of your mates in your own, immature social circle is completely different to a television broadcast

BT has been heading for this for years. It's fascinating to watch someone implode when their ego makes them think they are invisible.

“Let me explain, we get this ******ed chime which is meant to go simultaneously with the siren. I heard that go in my ear, that’s why I blew it."

if he said it in the "non offensive" manner, then the chime would have gone after the stadium siren. :confused:

Maybe he did then, hadn't seen a transcript

I agree, but the hysteria and desperation to try and martyr him for the cause is embarrassing.

It was a stupid thing to say, he should apologize and that should be the end of it.
Normally I'd agree, but its the 2nd time in a month he's done it

The club has announced that Patty Mills will be doing a lap of honour before the game against West Coast on August 2nd.

Can't wait to see Patty and congratulate him on his amazing achievements for the Spurs.

Damn. In Melbourne for a work conference for the next home game. Hopefully catch him and baynesy this weekend though instead.

Hopefully it's a bit slower than the lap of honour they have Andrew McLeod a few weeks ago after getting inducted into the HOF

That really was unbelievable. Macca must have needed to go to the toilet or something cause the car absolutely motored around the ground in less than a minute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT is an idiot and a throwback - Anyone who just thinks the reaction is 'PC going to far' is as much of an idiot at BT - It's about common decency and politeness in society... the he was "just having a laugh" crew should grow up and realise that taking the piss out of your mates in your own, immature social circle is completely different to a television broadcast

I'd like to know whether it was scripted or whether it just slipped out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back