AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Those temporary steps at the northern end of The Edwin Smith Stand are a joke. I was at the soccer the other week and was surprised that they had something so ad-hock. Doesn't help with moving people out of the stand.
It's disgraceful - very amateur stuff when measured against everything else

Which seats are you referring too?

Screenshot 2014-08-02 11.15.40.png

Just had a quick word to Jets and Junior at the canteen. Neither are as big as I thought, resisted the urge to fawn over them. Fantastic day, good crowd building, 45 K I reckon

Those temporary steps at the northern end of The Edwin Smith Stand are a joke. I was at the soccer the other week and was surprised that they had something so ad-hock. Doesn't help with moving people out of the stand.

They are shocking. A complete bottle neck, and slippery when wet. Also, the whole northern outside end of the oval's sadly lacking. Spent millions on Southern and Eastern stand entrances, and ran out of money to complete the northern exterior.

Flew over for the game yesterday. Aside from the dissapointing result, a few observations.
The atmosphere was good, but Adelaide supporters are so quiet.
Jeez there are some serious drinkers on the hill, everyone around me drank continuously.
Lot of people must prefer standing to sitting in their seats as the standing room behind the level 1 seats was packed all around the ground.
Very surprised at the long lines for the food and drink stands, there appeared to be no let up.
Hindley street looks even worse that I remember.

Flew over for the game yesterday. Aside from the dissapointing result, a few observations.
The atmosphere was good, but Adelaide supporters are so quiet.
Jeez there are some serious drinkers on the hill, everyone around me drank continuously.
Lot of people must prefer standing to sitting in their seats as the standing room behind the level 1 seats was packed all around the ground.
Very surprised at the long lines for the food and drink stands, there appeared to be no let up.
Hindley street looks even worse that I remember.

Number of people standing under the stands probably shows why crowds are bigger than they appear at the ground/on TV.

I know most on here have been to the Oval at least once, but I was down there yesterday and took a tonne of photos in high resolution.

Anyone that wants to save the photos, go right ahead. All the photos are in the folder, but here's a collection for the threads.

http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/hdecure/library/August 1 Adelaide Oval?sort=3&page=1

P1000753_zps8ba2f422.jpg

P1000735_zpscc41c36d.jpg

P1000734_zps494e8dd6.jpg

P1000731_zps19b3b265.jpg

Grass is looking horrible at the moment. I'm a big endorser of the hill, but something needs to be done here. Either get a sturdier grass, or possibly go with a natural looking artificial grass.
P1000715_zpsb02c1e98.jpg

P1000721_zps0a3b2f70.jpg

P1000714_zps94147bd6.jpg

P1000690_zps0a2cb087.jpg
P1000751_zps16a3bfef.jpg

P1000718_zpsd838158a.jpg

P1000701_zps6f3ab0c3.jpg

P1000694_zps865df5a2.jpg

P1000771_zps49f6099b.jpg

P1000772_zpsa48d064d.jpg

P1000756_zps380ee628.jpg
Taken at a port home game? Time for the tarps?

Ten minutes before the game yesterday I thought we were going to need tarps. There were heaps of empty seats. I was relieved when they filled. The bloke that sits one up from me reckoned some trains were late and that may have been the reason.

bear too it was a lunchtime game - and I think everyone was trying to find something to eat so probably a lot of seats looked empty just prior to the first bounce - as someone else said the food queues at the ground were horrendous and anything decent/edible sold out very quickly - not a sandwich or wrap to be had ten minutes into Q1 - so if you wanted something that wasn't deep-fried then bad luck - you starved. Then to top it off I had to ask to have my $7.50 'tide out' microscopic plastic thimble of red filled up properly at the Peter Carey bar. Combine that with the result and it wasn't the best day!

IMO the catering is dreadful and the one thing the SMA are doing very very badly. I give up - I'm going to bring my own next time and save myself a heap of grief and cash.

Ten minutes before the game yesterday I thought we were going to need tarps. There were heaps of empty seats. I was relieved when they filled. The bloke that sits one up from me reckoned some trains were late and that may have been the reason.

The time was wrongly shown in Friday's Advertiser ... 1.40 instead of 1.10 ... I wondered if that could've been the reason for the empty seats so close to starting time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO the catering is dreadful and the one thing the SMA are doing very very badly. I give up - I'm going to bring my own next time and save myself a heap of grief and cash.
The sma couldn't organize one in a brothel, they don't answer their phone, messages or return phone calls, I know of caterers that have been told they are in on the Monday out on the Wednesday and then are rung up on the Friday asking if they can come in.
For SA's biggest facility they have monkeys in charge.

The sma couldn't organize one in a brothel, they don't answer their phone, messages or return phone calls, I know of caterers that have been told they are in on the Monday out on the Wednesday and then are rung up on the Friday asking if they can come in.
For SA's biggest facility they have monkeys in charge.

Even though they were Port supporters I really miss the Yiros people from AAMI who sold out of the Crow Mania Deli :( - decent food from decent people for fair prices:) - unlike the highway robbery rubbish they are serving up at AO :mad:.

Is there any betting at AO?

Footy Park there were a couple of outlets for betting. Can't seem to find one at AO. Getting together with mates and putting our tenners on the first goal was part of the day. Does not feel the same doing it on the phone via TomCheaterhouse.
I couldn't find one either, thought it was really strange. and phone signal isn't strong to flick through the odds and put on a bet once at the ground really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back