Mega Thread AFL: No Trades (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what would happen if we lost Jetta along with several other trades and retirements at the end of the year, and we there was no one suitable to recruit and as a result we were unable to meet the 90% threshold of the salary cap? Would we be penalised?

at this point i'd think they would throw us "compo" trades at the end of the rookie draft to pick up spuds, if we didn't take them we'd be penalised. the AFL is all about "fairness". and if we somehow turned the last kid in the draft into a decent player it would be all about the compo we were given. :drunk:

either way can only deal with what we have going forward, this year is almost stranger with the average wage provision on our trades.

We still have Derrickx and Pyke signed for next year regardless of trade bans

Who the hell did that

because we can't trade we need to have someone playing, we can't trade for any ruckman that will be better then D-rex or pyke. it makes nosense to turf them while the BS ban is in place.

if not one of them, who the hell on our list is going to ruck?

Pyke was not this bad last year so I suspect his injury is significant, I say battle on with Nanka and Tippett and put him out to pasture until finals so hopefully he gets some mobility back for when it really counts. He is not providing anything at the moment so really not sure we have anything to lose, I'm confident a fully fit Pyke next year will provide benefit whilst Naismith further develops or until we can target a ruckman for 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*opens main board thread*

*closes main board thread*

But what are the implications for us. Terrific Colless brought it out. And waited till he didn't have an official
Swans position. But the Victorian bully boys hate public embarrassment. They will want to hurt the Swans.
And in reality, no one in power in Victoria gives a damn about the Swannies ( except our Bloods supporters)

Hope this becomes a media s**t storm. It's pretty pathetic and alarming that one of the heads of a large organisation would treat another professional in that organisation in such a manner. I wonder if this is a once off by him or has he spoken/behaved like this with others? hmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back