Preview AFL Round 19-Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans, Saturday 8th August 7.20pm, Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the geelong players should really go the full distance on this and not tackle goodes at all

it would be a show of respect
PMSL

laughingsmiley.gif

And you just know there's going to be one or two knobs booing which will be barely audible on the TV which the media will blow up on us about. Selwood's 200th at Kardinia Park has been transformed into a welcome back Goodesy after your one week hiatus. Still the club was put in a pretty shitty position and it's fallen to us to clean up everyone elses crap.
Because if the AFL had asked Collingwood to do this, on say Pendlebury's 200th, Eddie would have told them to eff off!!! :rolleyes:

Would it be possible for the Kardinia crowd to conduct a pitch invasion if Goodes scores a goal?

Imagine that for the AFL community getting behind Goodes.

It would be an incredible moment, and no one will be fined if enough people invade.

Bit risky.. Goodes might mistake it for symbolising the 'invasion' of his people's country.. Then we'll have to go through this another week... No thanks..

This game is about celebrating Joel Selwood's 200th.

That is s**t, what the point of my full membership a bloody hat
Yeah it's rubbish, a mate of mine replied to an email he got about it asking why he spent a few hundred a year and all he got was a shitty hat... just an automated generalized reply was received

Bit risky.. Goodes might mistake it for symbolising the 'invasion' of his people's country.. Then we'll have to go through this another week... No thanks..

This game is about celebrating Joel Selwood's 200th.

I love Joel Selwood. He will play 400 plus games.

I'm looking forward to Selwood (200 games) and Parker (100 games) opposing each other.

What a contest. Selwood is the better player, but Parker is catching up.

Also I'm probably the odd one out here.... but I couldn't give a s**t about the banner thing, my twitter feed is full of people sooking up about Selwood not getting a banner

Pretty certain our skip wouldn't be concerned about not getting to run through some crepe paper for him before the game.

Also I'm probably the odd one out here.... but I couldn't give a s**t about the banner thing, my twitter feed is full of people sooking up about Selwood not getting a banner

Pretty certain our skip wouldn't be concerned about not getting to run through some crepe paper for him before the game.

That's a pity, Willo, this was shaping up to be the one and only topic for the season with unanimous agreement.:D

That's a pity, Willo, this was shaping up to be the one and only topic for the season with unanimous agreement.:D
Nothing like a good spanner in the works ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did a good job cropping out the gun to their heads and the 'Sad Hulk music' was a nice touch.
"it's not about who wins or loses"
Wait, what? Is this an under 9's football match or a match playing to a sold out crowd on the Captains 200th to decide if you play finals or not

To be honest, I'm surprised they're leaving the goalposts in this week. I'm half expecting them to abolish scoring for this week as well. That way everyone's a winner.

i think the geelong players should really go the full distance on this and not tackle goodes at all

it would be a show of respect

I was contemplating putting my feet up while I watch on Saturday night, but I'm waiting on confirmation from the AFL if that's acceptable; or if Adam will be offended.

Prob because bullying is usually associated as a problem with school kids, not 35 year old millionaires and Adam may have plans to be a minister for indigenous affairs not a minister of education so the spin needs to be forward focused on bigger agendas.

My answer would have been "because he said it was, and if anyone disagrees, someone, somewhere, may get offended. And we can't have that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back