Preview AFL Round 7 - Geelong v Essendon, Etihad Stadium, 7:50PM Friday 10 May

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing every week, the best player of (insert club) is going to miss as a late withdrawal. Never the fringe players is it?

Suspect people do it to get a rise out of opposition or to have 10 secs of fame on Twitter/facebook.

Yeah that is possible too, can't seem to find the website on my phone where I saw the tweet. Damn.

It costs 25 k fine to play a player who is not in the 25, so I doubt Kersten will be playing.

Walker will be in if Hawk is out.

Would be happy to see Eardley sometime in the next few weeks (we have an upgrade slot free).

I'll start passing the hat around as soon as I'm up there.

Yeah that is possible too, can't seem to find the website on my phone where I saw the tweet. Damn.

Look, doesn't mean it isn't a possibility because it does happen. But as an SC player, I here this all the time.

As a Geelong supporter, it always used to be Ablett, Ottens or Scarlett.

Now it's Hawkins (When he's become a good player for us) or Selwood. Never hear rumours about Murdoch for example or Smedts. (just examples, not knocking them)

Have it on good authority that Taylor will be a late withdrawel, well that's if you consider a mate of a mate of the local butcher as good authority, geez this guessing game before every match, usually based on nothing more then some rumour gets a bit tiresome.

Big kick in the guts at selection, expecting one champion back but end up losing another one instead.
Leaves us a bit suspect down back now with Rivers missing as well, added to the fact we're fielding a very inexperienced side, including two kids not in our best twenty five, and it's a big ask, will need all the usual suspects to be at the top of their game.

Would never be silly enough to tip against the Cats, but this one is right on the tipping point, will be huge if (when) we get the four points.

I don't know who it is, but it could be West, because if it was West, then Walker was the only option.

Well I'm just hopeful, because I don't think we could cover West and need him out there.

Blitz I thought only because CS mentioned 'rest' a couple of weeks a go.

Look, doesn't mean it isn't a possibility because it does happen. But as an SC player, I here this all the time.

As a Geelong supporter, it always used to be Ablett, Ottens or Scarlett.

Now it's Hawkins (When he's become a good player for us) or Selwood. Never hear rumours about Murdoch for example or Smedts. (just examples, not knocking them)

You beat me to it.
I dont know why in big games we always hear these bullshit rumours of our stars being late withdrawals.

If the rumours were true, Ablett & Chappy wouldnt have taken to the field in 07,08 & 09 grand finals, because that was the rumour before every one of them!!

Selwood would have to be missing an arm and half a leg not to play tonight, he lives for this s**t!!

With all the talk of late changes what about this one. Chris Scott comes down with a virus and can't coach. Matthew Knights steps in as a replacement. We then win a close one. After the game Knights does a lap of honour in front of the Essendon fans. The meltdown that ensues would be outstanding.

20120607035837_auto.gif

Except that our biggest forward (Hawkins) is under an injury cloud with his back stiffness and clearly not able to play at 100% :(

Give him an injection and get some cats to walk on his back (serious) when my back is bad, I get one of my cats to walk up and down and it is heaven! Think of the amount of pressure in a paw. Tomahawk should try it!

Thurlow for Corey makes sense given the role JC has been playing. Makes you wonder where it leaves Josh Hunt though, he has been back for a while now.

CS said they want to give Lusty Hunt another week's rest. Very wise because EBV is insidious! Just when you think you're OK it can come back with a vengeance.

Yes that's a better option than trying to match their talls with talls who are either not fit enough or simply not good enough right now,at least this way we may get an advantage when the ball hits the deck and force changes in their structures.

I 'Like" your thinking! ;)

I doubt Scott would risk losing a game so a milestone has an extra little bit of significance. Most likely he still has a few niggles and/or tiredness and is being rested an extra week.

CS may not, but the other PTB can see the huge attraction of a Chappy milestone and first night game!

10 players under 50 games in our team. amazing.

will the turbulent week with doping interviews and all the media mean essendon will be flat or come out firing? i hope mackie is in fine form and teaches some of the young guys some good sledges pre-game. :)

They will come out firing for their 'Hird can do no wrong'! They're undefeated atm, despite the scandal and that means they have a lot to prove!!!

And David King tipping the Cats! Wow, I mean WowWowWeeeeeee!!! It's only taken him five years and three Premierships to realise that we are just OK :rolleyes:
This one is for the Kittens!!!
Geelongimo.jpg [/quote]

Well I'm just hopeful, because I don't think we could cover West and need him out there.

Blitz I thought only because CS mentioned 'rest' a couple of weeks a go.

My fault for being a bit oblique, that's what I was really saying, we couldn't cover West - he's not our best player, but he's arguably the one we could least cover tonight.

Considering this game has been looking like a sellout for a couple of weeks i dont get why people are dirty about not getting in on the day. Early bird and all that..

i have a membership and am ole skool in just being able to turn up if i decide.

i shouldnt have to pay $6.50-$15.00 for a handling fee for the pleasure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have a membership and am ole skool in just being able to turn up if i decide.

i shouldnt have to pay $6.50-$15.00 for a handling fee for the pleasure.

Hear what you're saying, sometimes you just gotta pay the price..

Was 4.50 for my seat upgrade, didn't hurt too much. Should be at the g pure and simple. If we're gunna have a sellout we may as well be playing at k-park.

about 30 minutes to the team sheets?....my kids are behaving so well i am almost bored at the moment waiting for the pre-game, almost want some big bombshell to make life interesting.

good to see the two ins, and like many others expect the dons to bring in ryder still.

what i am hoping for in coming weeks is burbury and kersten to get call ups. burbury has a bit of menzel about him for me, imagine one in each pocket....whilst kersten is that medium sized tall with SJ playing up the ground more could fit in well.

the future is so bright, i just want to see all these young kittens get a game and show us what they have.

H-S, Chriso, Duncan, Schoeder, Vardy, Menzel, Burbury, Kersten, Hawkins, Varcoe, THunt.....holy crap we have some talent in the 25 and under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back