Preview AFL Round 9 - West Coast v Geelong, Domain Stadium, 4:40PM Sunday 31 May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3240606837_fence_sitter_xlarge.png

I'm a bit like you :)
On the one hand, the fact that the Eagles haven't really given anyone of substance a whack, is a big positive (Carlton, Brisbane, Giants, Port, Suns, St Kilda). They've had a relatively easy draw. (oops- looks like that's been said before... multiple times! :oops: my bad- sorry!)
On the other hand, the Cats have shown a bit of inconsistency so the game could go either way. Our future is in our hands- an Eagles win is by no means a fait accompli but they would be very happy indeed if we just rolled over.

For the sake of those of us who live in WA and have to see the headlines each day about how effing good the WA teams are- and read about how everyone has already gone and bought their GF tickets (the Freo folk gave me major lols last year:D ROFL!)- please, Geelong, bring your A-Grade game and knock these pretenders to kingdom come!!
Yep I know, I am hopelessly caught. But who knows how good West Coast really are yet? Who knows if we will be better travellers this year? I quite like the match ups. So maybe .....I don't know. We might win or we might not? ;)

Might be good to go in unchanged this week barring injury.
Would like to think we can win it, but interstate against umpires who literally cheat it'll probably be too much to overcome.

Might be good to go in unchanged this week barring injury.
Would like to think we can win it, but interstate against umpires who literally cheat it'll probably be too much to overcome.
We have to minimise the umpires' influence by a) top shelf tackles (pinning the arm, not getting sucked into giving away high frees on duckers), b) not giving away 50s by back-chatting or for pissy little technical things like not giving the ball back properly, c) by not getting caught with the ball- get rid of it quickly, talk to each other so teammates know when they're hot, and d) no freaking hospital handpasses (see c))
:mad: I wonder how many opposition goals have resulted from our stupid handpasses to a teammate under pressure?

Anyway- reduce the umpires' influence and we will be that little bit closer to making a game of it.

We have to minimise the umpires' influence by a) top shelf tackles (pinning the arm, not getting sucked into giving away high frees on duckers), b) not giving away 50s by back-chatting or for pissy little technical things like not giving the ball back properly, c) by not getting caught with the ball- get rid of it quickly, talk to each other so teammates know when they're hot, and d) no freaking hospital handpasses (see c))
:mad: I wonder how many opposition goals have resulted from our stupid handpasses to a teammate under pressure?

Anyway- reduce the umpires' influence and we will be that little bit closer to making a game of it.

The local umps over there certainly respond favourably to the baying crowd.

Expect serial "divers" in LShuey and SSelwood to get their fair share of cheapies.

This article still applies:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...atersons-stadium/story-e6frf3e3-1226411746918

Hope it's not hot over there. West Coast have been excellent in second half's this year, which doesn't auger well in an interstate trip. Next 3 games for the cats are 50/50 for a team that want's to play finals. We will get what we deserve and will learn whether we are good enough or not. West Coast/Geelong/Essendon involved in round robin games in next 3 weeks- it will go a long way in deciding which of the teams will play finals. I think our defense and forwards can hold their own, yet I worry about the midfield in this one. Blease on the long ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope it's not hot over there. West Coast have been excellent in second half's this year, which doesn't auger well in an interstate trip. Next 3 games for the cats are 50/50 for a team that want's to play finals. We will get what we deserve and will learn whether we are good enough or not. West Coast/Geelong/Essendon involved in round robin games in next 3 weeks- it will go a long way in deciding which of the teams will play finals. I think our defense and forwards can hold their own, yet I worry about the midfield in this one. Blease on the long ground?
We're expecting 20 degrees over the weekend. It should be a pleasant warm change for the boys.

Your FF/ FA numbers for 2015 are 151/112 ... the most skewed results in the competition by some margin.

Must be worth around 3-4 goals every home game and that does make it a challenge for the visiting team ... not giving up though. ;)
You forgot to mention that before this round we were 18th in the league for frees. We've also only played woeful clubs who can't be bothered getting to the ball before us so it's not particularly an exciting stat. Wait and see what happens I reckon.

You forgot to mention that before this round we were 18th in the league for frees. We've also only played woeful clubs who can't be bothered getting to the ball before us so it's not particularly an exciting stat. Wait and see what happens I reckon.

Check your sauces there matey.

You will win the free kick count quite handsomely ... nothing surer in football.

Check your sauces there matey.

You will win the free kick count quite handsomely ... nothing surer in football.
From the AFL site on Saturday:

West Coast has won the first seven free kicks for the match. Interestingly, the Eagles only average 14.3 free kicks for per game (ranked 18th) but the Saints average 23.1 per game (ranked 1st).

West Coast has won the first seven free kicks for the match. Interestingly, the Eagles only average 14.3 free kicks for per game (ranked 18th) but the Saints average 23.1 per game (ranked 1st).

It's simply not true that they were anywhere near 18th.
That in-game stat must have been counting that current game as a completed game.

Nah, you are well off the mark. :oops:

In any case it's the FF/FA differential that you are smashing the competition in.

Not expecting the Cats to receive too many favourable HTB decisions against your mob. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back