Fantasy Alpha Dynasty 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So without me needing to work it out, even if I win next week and go to 10-4 I cannot make the playoffs?

#tanktime
No, will look more closely but if I lose and NDG loses you would be in, if DRD loses and NDG loses you you would be in, possibly other options too

No, will look more closely but if I lose and NDG loses you would be in, if DRD loses and NDG loses you you would be in, possibly other options too
You wont lose to Woodson and Bortles has the Donkeys...no chance of either of you losing. I also have TGBB, so will be tough for me to win anyway. Still...10-4 and miss out would be a fair effort.

East

Cass 7-6 (winner of week 14 clash takes division)
Zarko 7-6 (winner of week 14 clash takes division)
GG 3-10
Wizard 2-11

West

TGBB 12-1
NDG 9-4 (holds tiebreaker over Manureid and DRD, loses to Dspeed)
Manureid 9-4 (holds tiebreaker over DRD, loses to NDG and Dspeed)
PB 2-11

Central

DRD 9-4 (holds tiebreaker over Dspeed, loses to NDG and Manureid)
Dspeed 9-4 (holds tiebreaker over NDG and Manureid, loses to DRD)
Balmain 5-8
Woodson 4-9

If standings and current form hold, likely to be TGBB v Dspeed and DRD v Zarko in the first week of playoffs

I do think some consideration to tiebreakers in the offseason is required, a total points for or H2H over course of the season instead of H2H in one game is a better representation of a teams performance. One week can be an outlier

I absolutely agree with this.

I think the H2H should be pushed down the list for tie-breakers in future seasons for playoffs, draft order etc.

Total points is a far better way to do it IMO. As we know FF is very fickle and the highest scoring team doesn't always succeed, but i think it should be an advantage when tie-breakers come into it.

Here's what ESPN says about playoff seedings.....

Note: We use the H2H TieBreaker Option below....

Playoff Seeding Tie Breaker
Select a tie breaker to use in the case that two or more teams have the same overall record at the end of the regular season. Note that wherever 'Total Points Against' is indicated as a tiebreaker, the team with more points against is considered superior.

If Head-to-Head Record is selected, Total Points For, Intra Division Record (if your league has multiple divisions), and Total Points Against will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

If Total Points For is selected, H2H Record, Intra Division Record (if your league has multiple divisions), and Total Points Against will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

If Intra Division Record is selected, H2H Record, Total Points For, and Total Points Against will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

If Total Points Against is selected, H2H Record, Total Points For, and Intra Division Record (if your league has multiple divisions) will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

In all cases, a coin flip will resolve any teams that are tied after all other tiebreakers are used. Note that the League Manager can override any automatically generated playoff matchups, if desired, using LM Tools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with the h2h tie break is that for non-div rivals meeting once you may have just been unlucky that week with the byes. Have brought this up before. It should be h2h over every week I.e compare two teams h2h each week.

Problem with the h2h tie break is that for non-div rivals meeting once you may have just been unlucky that week with the byes. Have brought this up before. It should be h2h over every week I.e compare two teams h2h each week.
This. Can easily be done manually.

This. Can easily be done manually.
Easily, no. Can, yes. But anything manual means over working the Commissioner. I have many important PR meetings with team owners, media engagements, etc, let alone all the organizing of drafts, tracking trades, etc etc....for multiple leagues and AE.

Easily, yes.
You'd meltdown and go into convulsions if you lived a week in my fantasy gm and ae roles. You should show more respect and reverence towards me, and ask nicely, and then MAYBE I will comply. I have feelings too. I'm like a big woman who needs to be told she's loved and that she has a nice ass before I put out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back