Remove this Banner Ad

Small Moves

Premiership Player
Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Texans, Texas A&M, Rockets
Sydney have traded Andrejs Everitt and Pick 39 to Carlton in exchange for Pick 32 in the National Draft.

So the Swans have effectively traded Mumford, Everitt and Lamb for pick 32. Jesse White for pick 44 looks like a blessing in the end.

Someone in the football department will need some serious assistance in removing that pineapple....

Believe Everitt wanted to come to Carlton three years ago, but we weren't prepared to trade Walker.

Swans ultimately did well to get pick 32 after trading out Veszpremi for Everitt.

Win-win.

I could see Everitt playing the Goldsack role that he played under Mick at Collingwood. Good kick. Should allow us to keep Gibbs in the midfield.

Haven't felt this good about a Carlton trading period in a long time.

Finally aggressively pursuing players and working the logistics perfectly.

Would imagine Everitt would effectively take the spot of a Rowe or Casboult and will be a better target up forward. Could really determine where Henderson plays next year.

In terms of how Carlton intend to play him, Mckay's comment about Everitt adding versatility worried me a little bit. Us using him as a versatile player was one of the reasons he could never get going, as he couldn't get settled.
Best used on a wing, imo. Small man in a big man body.

In terms of how Carlton intend to play him, Mckay's comment about Everitt adding versatility worried me a little bit. Us using him as a versatile player was one of the reasons he could never get going, as he couldn't get settled.

An interesting point.

Mick does seem to like versatility though, it'll be interesting how he utilizes him.

An interesting point.

Mick does seem to like versatility though, it'll be interesting how he utilizes him.

I've always liked Everitt, so I hope he succeeds. Looking forward to seeing how he goes next year.

Was only starting to get some consistency when we played him regularly as a HBF. Really shakes his confidence when he is used as a stop gap player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player will be good to see him in the navy blue next season.

Could see him playing either up forward to add extra height and play as cover for injury/suspension prone Waite.

or could see him as a swingman doing a bit of everything which is what it sounds like they will be doing.

Brilliant trade, along with Sam and Dale Blues did some good trading this year and still kept our first round pick

Great player will be good to see him in the navy blue next season.

Could see him playing either up forward to add extra height and play as cover for injury/suspension prone Waite.

or could see him as a swingman doing a bit of everything which is what it sounds like they will be doing.

Brilliant trade, along with Sam and Dale Blues did some good trading this year and still kept our first round pick
And you kept Bootsma too.

We have a history of screwing players over by shifting them back then forward, forward then back.

Mick Malthouse's new evolution is complete versatility. Watching him coach in the 2nd half and listening to him speak made this clear. The opposition will not know from quarter to quarter how we will line up. A few Clubs are embracing this method. Top gameday coaches are more valuable than ever. We have one.

Jamo as KPD and Warnock as Ruck....besides that, complete versatility from week to week and quarter to quarter.

Will it be a successful method for us?... time will tell.

But it is an evolving method in the AFL.

You worry about a player playing at his 3rd club at 24. Malthouse tried to recruit Everitt at the end of 2009.

You worry about a player playing at his 3rd club at 24.

He's got the same issue as tweeners in the NBA.

No defined role for such players means they can never settle in a position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back