Aus vs Uruguay 1st leg - on TV??

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know what time the away leg will be shown on TV?

Montevideo is 12 hours behind....so it will be 8am Sunday morning if its a night game...or 3am if its a day game...

I will be livid if SBS doesn't show the first leg, what a joke, plus I'm not sure who to blame the FFA, FIFA, Foxtel or SBS?
Oh well it looks like ill be refreshing livescore.com every 5 seconds!

That was a night game, though, we played them during the day in 2001.

So is SBS showing the first leg or not? They should know now given the confirmation of the kickoff time.

Some people say ESPN or FOX have it, but the truth is no one has secured the rights. The last word from SBS was last week - they siad we're still negotiating and it's looking much more promising. So promising that a week later we still haven't heard anything. With the game now confirmed as 10 am Sunday morning, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the commercial free to air stations picked it up, maybe Seven. :p

79Vintage said:
With the game now confirmed as 10 am Sunday morning, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the commercial free to air stations picked it up, maybe Seven. :p

Yeah, commercial FTA might consider it now, but I'm pretty sure Nine's out of the equation because of Australia vs West Indies. I severely doubt Seven's commitment, and I can't remember Ten ever doing a game before. Still between SBS or Fox.

Lowie01 said:
Yeah, commercial FTA might consider it now, but I'm pretty sure Nine's out of the equation because of Australia vs West Indies. I severely doubt Seven's commitment, and I can't remember Ten ever doing a game before. Still between SBS or Fox.
It will be a ********ing joke if Fox gets it.Come on Howard intervene!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those unfortunate enough to not have foxtel I would advise you either find a friend with fox or go to a sportsbar or pub and for those with fox will the game be on foxsports wilth some dodge South American announcer or will we be listening to Tommy Smith and Derek Rae (I'd rather those two) on ESPN

Apparently SBS will be showing it live and Fed Square will have the First Leg live on the Big Screen, i will be a Fed Square it should be an amazing feeling be there.

Roos play-off to beat Ashes
By Philip Micallef
October 27, 2005

SBS-TV has "almost certainly" acquired the rights to televise the first leg of Australia's World Cup showdown against Uruguay at the Estadio del Centenario in Montevideo on Sunday, November 13.

And the multicultural broadcaster expects the ratings for the return leg at Telstra Stadium in Sydney three days later to be "far better than those of the Ashes".

SBS head of sport Les Murray said yesterday that football fans around Australia should stop worrying because he was "very confident" of being able to show the match live at 10am (AEST).

"We are negotiating with South American agents Traffic, who own the rights of the first leg, and I am sure we will get them," Murray declared.

"This will be a big week for us because the return match in Sydney, that will kick off in prime time at 8pm, will be watched by millions of people.

"In fact we anticipate a much bigger audience than that of the recent Ashes series against England."

An estimated peak of two million watched the first session's play of the fourth day of the second Test at Edgbaston.

Advertisement:
SBS's highest ever ratings figures were recorded in November 1997 when a peak of more than 2.14 million watched the Socceroos' World Cup qualifier against Iran at the MCG.

The Daily Telegraph

Fingers crossed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back