Australia A Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty light on batsmen.

I guess we can take it that the selectors are quite comfortable with Hughes and Doolan (and of course Shaun Marsh) as the only top order candidates with Cooper, Ferguson and Forrest in line to replace Clarke?
Lynn's really the only younger batsman in the squad who could just be there for experience.

Marsh would have to be ahead of Doolan in calculations based on this as well. Also bodes very poorly for McKay.

McKay has been screwed over by the re formatting of the ryobi cup. Maybe they want to play him in the A side so he gets some 50 over cricket. Otherwise he is only playing a month a year.

Doolan and Nevill in the one day side are strange selections.

McKay has been screwed over by the re formatting of the ryobi cup. Maybe they want to play him in the A side so he gets some 50 over cricket. Otherwise he is only playing a month a year.

Doolan and Nevill in the one day side are strange selections.

Whiteman would have ben an odd odi selection too. Seems to be a lot of all-rounders in the squads. With Faulks as skipper, why would they need another in any of the teams, let alone have Henriques and Marsh as spares in the squad?

Whiteman would have ben an odd odi selection too. Seems to be a lot of all-rounders in the squads. With Faulks as skipper, why would they need another in any of the teams, let alone have Henriques and Marsh as spares in the squad?

Suggests they are pretty comfortable with which batsmen will be in line for a test spot (Doolan, Marsh, Hughes, Ferguson, Cooper, Lynn, Maxwell) but have no idea who will replace Watto.

Suggests they are pretty comfortable with which batsmen will be in line for a test spot (Doolan, Marsh, Hughes, Ferguson, Cooper, Lynn, Maxwell) but have no idea who will replace Watto.

I don't think comfortable is the right word in terms of the batsmen. Either for the selectors or me.

But I hadn't thought about that regarding Watto. I think it's Faulks, then fresh air, but Moises and Mitch's runs in the Shield final would have done them no harm at all.

I don't think comfortable is the right word in terms of the batsmen. Either for the selectors or me.

But I hadn't thought about that regarding Watto. I think it's Faulks, then fresh air, but Moises and Mitch's runs in the Shield final would have done them no harm at all.

The problem with Faulkner is that his selection is dependent on Australia having a wicketkeeper capable of batting at 6.

Henriques is a better batsman than Faulkner but not good enough with the bat. Mitch Marsh is a long way off it but could possibly one day be good enough with the bat.

Looked good on first glance but reading through, surprised Maxwell wasn't given a shot. Maybe he's got enough exposure at the top level now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back