Australian Open 2015 - Day 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Nadal is boring me, so I switched to 7TWO and Martina Hingis is playing in a double match. Was never a huge fan of hers (preferred Huber) but she is still a remarkable, highly intelligent player, even in her mid 30's, and I think would be more than competitive in singles.

I don't really see tennis live so don't know first hand. Do the players or other spectators seem to enjoy their "cheering"? Their chants sound so amateur on the telecast that its hard to believe they are wanted.

Well when I was there on Monday I didn't appreciate them. My heart sank when I realised I would have to put up with them all day as I was watching Aussies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people's predictions on the semi final and onwards? Just a bit of fun

Spent the day at the tennis with a ground pass. Potentially could've been a great day, but was mainly a frustrating one. 11am on sc3 was Dimitrov v Bagdhatis with a 1.5hr wait to get in, managed to see sets 3-5. After that match everyone raced to Hisense for the Murray match. Like others have mentioned there were people everywhere. CBF with another wait so went over and watched the men's doubles on sc2 with Hewitt playing. Made the trek back to Hisense to try my luck again, arrived at the start of 3rd set and managed to get in for the start of Groth v Tomic game. Game was a bit of a fizzer. Finished the day off back at sc2 to watch the rest of Anderson v Gasquet.

Anyone else have problems with long waiting time at Hisense in previous days? The pass-out system is a bit of a joke as well.

What are people's predictions on the semi final and onwards? Just a bit of fun
Djokovic vs wawrinka Nadal vs murray = Djokovic vs ? Depends on how Nadal physically recovers and develops his game. Otherwise Murray will pounce on him I reckon. If I was pushed though I'd say Djokovic vs Nadal final. With Djokovic winning in 4.

Djokovic vs wawrinka Nadal vs murray = Djokovic vs ? Depends on how Nadal physically recovers and develops his game. Otherwise Murray will pounce on him I reckon. If I was pushed though I'd say Djokovic vs Nadal final. With Djokovic winning in 4.
Yep sounds about right but Nadal's form is just so......:eek:, he could play himself into form though

Yep sounds about right but Nadal's form is just so......:eek:, he could play himself into form though
Yeh he's rusty but to be fair to him in that 3rd set I thought he started to look tired and wasn't power through the ball with his legs. Like he was doing the first 2 sets. He'll be better for that match. Djokovic biggest challenge I think before the final could be Isner. If Isner plays lights out which wouldn't be the first time against Nole. He could present some problems for him. I think if he plays Stan in the semis, he gets revenge and puts a beat down on him.

Yeh he's rusty but to be fair to him in that 3rd set I thought he started to look tired and wasn't power through the ball with his legs. Like he was doing the first 2 sets. He'll be better for that match. Djokovic biggest challenge I think before the final could be Isner. If Isner plays lights out which wouldn't be the first time against Nole. He could present some problems for him. I think if he plays Stan in the semis, he gets revenge and puts a beat down on him.
Yep no doubt, Raonic would be another Djokovic would like to avoid. With the way Stan has played it wouldn't surprise me to see him get thrashed by Djokovic. Especially that serve.....

Yep no doubt, Raonic would be another Djokovic would like to avoid. With the way Stan has played it wouldn't surprise me to see him get thrashed by Djokovic. Especially that serve.....
Yeh I reckon we might see Nole give Stan a breadstick in one of the sets,if they happen to play each other. Raonic could be tricky, but Novak seems to have his number. He much prefers returning Raonic's second serve compared to Isner's, which kicks up like a mule.

Anyone else have problems with long waiting time at Hisense in previous days? The pass-out system is a bit of a joke as well.
Most people who left for drinks/toilet around us spent an eternity trying to get back in and often told "Once you leave, can't come back... :confused:".

Only saw the 10min pass outs being spoken about prior to Tomic game which I didn't stay for. Seemed pretty chaotic today, much better value on Showcourts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back